1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York City Hate Crimes: Owner's cat killed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Apr 21, 2021.

?

PLM

1. Pets lives matter

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Police leaving matters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#1 tinman, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nasty, nasty animals! err family... Lock ‘em up!

Pim wrote that the couple took their dog, two cats and bird for an evening stroll on April 4 in a Brooklyn park when a boy approached them. A boy believed to be about 12 years old "snatched and pulled the [cat's] leash up ... into the air" before dropping the cat. The cat tried to get away but the boy allegedly stepped on the leash.

The cat, also known as Ponzu, managed to get away, but when his owners realized his back was bloodied, they turned their attention to the suspect. He ran to his family and according to Pim, the mother began verbally berating the couple.

"You don't blame me, you're the one who was wrong. Why did you take a cat [for a] walk?" she allegedly said. "This is what you [get] when you walk you f*****g cat b***h!"

Pim wrote that the family then began physically assaulting the couple and their pets. "Everything happened so fast!" she said.

tinman likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn that kid might be a future serial killer. Who ****ing randomly grabs a cat by the collar, slams it and stomps on the cat?

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No joke there. That's a good indicator.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This might not be a hate crime but a messed up kid and over protective parents who think their child can do no wrong.

As a cat guy myself I say throw the book at them and get that kid some help.

I will add though I would never take my cat for a walk on a leash. Cats aren’t meant to be leashes as they are liable to hurt themselves getting tangled up.

deb4rockets, JumpMan, tinman and 2 others like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hey I'm a cat guy myself. Got me a 2 year old male tuxedo who is super hyper but also ultra emotive in his affection so I really feel sorry for this family. It really sucks. Some people don't know how emotionally attached we can get to cats.

malakas likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Two kids of that family hurt animals in broad daylight. Killed the cat and punched a parrot.

Either it is a family of psycho future serial killers or it is a hate crime. Likely the latter.
    In any case social service should be involved and the children removed from the toxic parents and see a psychiatrist.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Cats can be "trained" to walk on a leash. Now I don't know how this woman managed to take care of all those pets at once but many of people walk their cats with no problem.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

This is what people get when they censor the Muppet Show or Looney Tunes
    @J.R.

People can debate if things were wrong because of the time period, but the intent of those shows was positivity and friendship among animals and humans

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

prime example on why you should always promote great cartoons of the past like Looney Tunes and the Muppet show

Prime example
    @Os Trigonum
    @Xerobull

Roger Moore taught us to be kind and talk to the animals

Bandwagoner likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

They also attacked them cause they hate skinny people

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

"Over protective" is bit over easy on those aggressive adults. Actions need to be hold accountable. When kids/youth are not legally accountable for their behaviors, guardians are supposed to be. Someone has got to be responsible for bad actions with repercussion. Instead of blaming the society, school system, partisan politicians, biased media, or even foreign countries, adults need to face consequences.

Those parents viciously verbally attacked the cat owners, AFTER their kids killed the cat cold-blood. Those behavior and attitude were not invented by the kids, or influenced by video games, but rather a direct copy from his in-house educators and guardians.

Owning up to mistakes becomes a rare luxury nowadays, at work, in life, or in society. Shifting blame and going on offense is a norm. You can always propose/debate changes to the whole system for the next 30 years, before you see any real effect, but it should never escape the fact at hand that the kids killed the cat, and the parents attacked the owner.

14. Buck Turgidson

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

A lot of crazy people in this world, scary to think a 12 year old could do this out in a public park. Wild and sad story

deb4rockets and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Exactly
    Video games , bugs bunny cartoons or Twitter jokes are not to blame
    It’s more direct . They blame everyone except the obvious people which is contributing to the violence that’s going out of control

it’s not like they got triggered by gone with the wind or some sugar free yogurt

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Is Gotham even worth saving now?

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, nobody is blaming this kind of twisted behavior on cartoons. Who said this psycho family learned this off cartoons? I think we can all agree this kid is the product of parents with some serious issues.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

All the dumb art history drop outs do
    They think changing art in the past would make a better future
    The cancel culture, attacking statues , video games , cartoons

The parents are part of a media driven society who don’t value or respect others rights

The decay of society has begun
    And Ras Al Gul needs the league of shadows to destroy the corruption again

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Real crime here is that woman in yellow wearing clothes 10 sizes too small for her.

That's a psycho family.

tinman likes this.