1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

When the OPS drops it is what it is. If it doesn't, it is what it is. Data doesn't give excuses. Humans do. I rely on the data as I said. The team did this together. Their ops, results, and admitting it all reflects it. This year we prove it.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Those seem like excuses Nick. That's not me. That's your side of the equation and debate.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This is right up there with your bullshit that Correa can't hit long HR's (even though I believe he's the current record holder for longest Astros HR ever).

Again, answer at least one of my questions:

Which player do you think had an over-the-top career year last year that will be impossible to reproduce?

What's your theory on what they did last year, I guess both home and road... or even road in 2017... that apparently nobody else can find?

If the following lineup stays healthy, what's your estimated 60 game OPS for each (career OPS in parenthesis):
    Springer (.849)
    Altuve (.827)
    Bregman (.911)
    Brantley (.792)
    Gurriel (.808)
    Correa (.845)
    Alvarez (1.067)

If you're so big on following the data... explain how their career numbers (with half this group having AB's before 2017) are pretty much in line with their team OPS last year? Could it just be that acquiring a professional hitter like Brantley, and promoting a rookie phenom like Alvarez... along with continuing to get MVP-like performances (at some point or another) from expected superstars like Springer, Altuve, Bregman, and Correa just so happens to make a formidable lineup?

4. dmoneybangbang

Just block him.

htwnbandit and NIKEstrad like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Dude, they've been cheating for 4 years. That's most of their careers. Bregman, Springer, Alvarez, Gurriel, and Correa haven't even had a clean year. lol. Well, Correa had one and Springer too. Aside form that, the team cheated together. Their ops was 848 last year. Our all time high ever. our record. The best ever ops in our entire history. What more do you want. The four year ops of .approximately 790 was our our best ever 4 years combined of ops ever right? Right? Perfectly aligned to the last 4 years where we cheated and until we got caught.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Don't come to any parade when they win it again. Because we all know you're gonna ***** about them cheating in some other undocumented way when they continue to kill it this year, maybe next depending on FA.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As I said before... I would like you to answer one of my questions.

"Dude" is not an answer.

If you're incapable of answering anything... then you really have no authority to speculate about any of this. As it is, you're contradicting your own statements within the statement above, not realizing when Springer/Correa came up and their OPS mirroring minor league performance, conveniently leaving out Altuve, completely ignoring Brantley/Alvarez.. and I'm not even sure what your stance on #2 pick Bregman is (who's also mirrored his minor league OPS).

Yes, you have an all-time performance year... when you happen to have an all-time lineup. I'm not sure why that's hard for you to grasp...

Or you could be an oft-ignored joke as others are suggesting... your choice.

cmoak1982 and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll be there, amongst you, looking right over your shoulder. And celebrating the fact that the world won't be on our ass about this one because as Correa said, we're going to do it the right way this time.

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nick coming in with that heat today....

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I didn't start the dude thing, Again, that was your side of the debate.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What the hell are you even referring to?

12. PhiSlammaJamma

You can't compare minor to major leagues like he did. That's just insanity.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ok... which player is exceeding expectations... those based on amateur years that determine draft status, along with minor league performance?

Altuve
    Bregman
    Correa
    Springer
    Gurriel
    Brantley
    Alvarez

Which one?

And the fact that you literally just said "You can't compare minor league history to major league performance" speaks volumes on your overall competence to even have these sorts of discussions...

htwnbandit likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

MSN came at me "dude" first, and he's on your side. I had to speak the language of my opponent apparently to communicate, lol. So I did.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What the hell are you even talking about? Who's on what side?

Again, choose to discuss/answer questions... or be a village idiot. Or you can try to somehow do both...

htwnbandit likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Springer ops was .828 and 804 when clean. His ops last year was 974. Career year. Over the 4 years cheating, his ops was 864. And there you go. The entire team was 848 last year. Our best ever.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

so again - you believe them when they say they cheated in 2017 and very very early 2018 but don't believe them when they say they didn't cheat beyond that? so they're believable up to a point and then after that you freely allow complete hearsay and conjecture to round out your own, very strongly held opinion?

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But you cant also ignore the fact that this team didn't cheat in 2019 and you seem to keep ignoring that. How many players spoke up about it? Why did Cole get sideways with his new Yankee teammates when they tried to say Houston cheated them in 2019? MLB proved that they didnt cheat in 2019.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I used the ops as my data, not heresay or conjecture. And that is the same barmoeter by which I said I would base 2020. It is what it will be.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you realize how stupid this makes you look, right? Trump has been president for the same amount of time, maybe he's the correlation. wait, we've also had severe flooding in Houston all those year... perhaps that's the correlation!