1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Besides Fiers I also think the biggest reason is there is video proof of it that everyone can see and hear. If there wasn't this video the players could have denied it.

2. msn

msn Member

Similar videos of Yankees cheating with whistles have surfaced on social media, but Jomboy et. al. don't seem so hot and bothered by them.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Trust me. If the Yankees cheated it will surface. But MLB will try to cover it up just like they tried for the Astros and the RedSox. Second, the Yankees didn't win the world series, so nobody will care nearly as much. Third, the Astros went first, and that was the story, going third, it's another who cares from everyone at this point. Fourth, we just went through a pandemic, nobody wants more bad news, they just want to watch baseball. So while it will come out, it doesn't have ears, and it won't have legs. Timing is everything.

The next big scandal will be with Pitching. If you want the Yankees, get them there. Dig there. Baseball has softened that blow a little by saying everyone does it, but it's right there waiting like a hand grenade. We just have to hope it isn't the Astros when it goes off. Could be a dud hand grenade, but it's a grenade.

#243 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I hear what you're saying, but this is what I meant about the rules not keeping up with today's environment. With all the technology out there, teams are going to look for ways to use it. I'm not saying they should, or that it is legal, I'm just saying they are going to do it. So, when I hear about other teams having done this, I'm not surprised in the slightest. I would only be surprised if they weren't.

raining threes likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I thought the rules state that teams can't use electronics to steal signs or influence the game (or something to that affect). I don't want rule changes so teams can take advantage of today's technology in order to steal signs or spot on the other teams. Everyone rise is doing it is not an excuse. It wasn't during the steroid era and it isn't new.

I do agree that baseball had done a poor job of investigating all teams and meting out appropriate punishment.

RayRay10 and msn like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Why is buster so obsessed with us?

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

rmoreno and RayRay10 like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hes hated us ever since Carlos poured that champagne on him.

raining threes and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What player has come out and said the Yankees cheated. I maybe just didn't hear about it.

But I am tired of the loser mentality that many Astros fans have. If you include the post season this team has won more games in a 3 year stretch than any team in baseball history. We are the Yankees. We are pretty much the best team in baseball.

raining threes, rmoreno and Uprising like this.
  10. awc713

awc713 Member

Logan Morrison, see below:

The Milwaukee Brewers first baseman wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post he believes other teams have been guilty of similar infractions.

"I know from first hand accounts that the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox all have used film to pick signs," he wrote, per NJ Advance Media's Brendan Kuty. "Just want you guys to know the truth. I personally think it's a tool in a tool belt to pick signs, but if we are going to be punishing people for it. Don't half ass it."

There are a few others players who have gone on the record to the same effect but nothing was investigated or done with the information. Confirmation bias everywhere! I believe the Diamondbacks, Brewers, and several other teams have been implicated by former players as well.

#250 awc713, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    raining threes, msn, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Because he is a Grade A cunt.

12. msn

msn Member

It already surfaced. And MLB did cover it up. Did you sleep through that part? Also, I slept through the bit where MLB tried to cover the Astros. I only caught the part where they hung us out to dry for the world to take cheap shots at.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Exactly. As I said, baseball is covering it all up just like they did with steroids and sign stealing. Maybe you slept through the part of the Astro report where they complimented AJ Hinch, said it was a player driven cheatfest, and did not suspend one player. That's convenient isn't it. The whole report, conveniently did nothing but re-report fiers and protect the players. It's the media who said f' that over the next three months and wanted heads to roll.

#253 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yankees cheated again last night. Judge hit a home run after the 3rd out of the inning was completed! Cheating ****s!

raining threes likes this.
  15. msn

msn Member

I remember that report. I also remember the reasons, specifically stated in that report, why they were unable to suspend players. I also remember the biggest fine in MLB history and FOUR FREAKING DRAFT PICKS. "Cover up?" Not hardly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

You mean a paltry 5 million dollar fine in exchange for stealing a world series that netted 1.5 billion in value. That's no fine. That's the net worth of Rafael Landestoy.

17. STR8Thugg

Yeah. Okay. Moving on....:rolleyes:

htwnbandit and msn like this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

One of the great heists in human history. 1.5 billion net and mlb has barely blinked at it.

#258 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  19. STR8Thugg

Alright then.

htwnbandit likes this.
  20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Out of curiosity... how do you get to a $1.5b net? Forbes values the Astros at $1.8b total...