1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New vs. Old

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xtraordinary1, Sep 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Xtraordinary1

Xtraordinary1 Contributing Member

How do you guy's think this new Rockets team would match up against the old championship Rocket teams.

2. Truth

Truth Member

Up in the Frontcourt, we'd have been at a disadvantage, but on the backcourt we would kick. The old rockets 7 times out of 10 because they just always found a way.

3. aznlincolnpark

I think the new rox team will be more exciting than the old rox...

[​IMG]

Is KooL!!!!!!!

4. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I think the old team would win, but only because they had the "heart of a champion"!

I pray this new group will have it

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Just what old team are we talking about? Oh well, it doesn't really matter, I guess. I think most of the old teams could have done well against this team. But someday...

6. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

The championship teams!

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Oh shoot! How'd I miss that? Dang, I feel stupid. :eek:

Well, like I said, they'd win.

edit: I think somehow or another my brain read "against the old Rockets teams" and not "the old championship Rocket teams. :eek:

#7 RC Cola, Sep 2, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2002
  8. Sane

Sane Member

Wow, they'd absolutely destroy us. But that's just until Ming and Griffin develop.

I seriously dount that Ming will ever be as good as Hakeem was.

9. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

The champs would beat the newbies almost everytime...but in about 3 years when Ming is developed into a top notch center and griffin is an all-star calibre player, the champs had better watch out (if they really had to play them, but they don't, so they don't really gotta watch out, but if they did have to play them, then they would...get it?).

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, it's a tad premature to be comparing Yao to Olajuwon I think. We're talking one of the top 3 or 4 centers of all time and probably one of the top 10 or 12 players of all time.

I hope Yao gets there, but he's got a LONG way to go.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The present Team lacks experience, give them 2 years then they could be even better that our old Championship Team.

12. Xtraordinary1

Xtraordinary1 Contributing Member

I think if you look at the individual head to head matchups
    this team actually has more talent. But as we all know talent
    alone does not win championships. You gotta have the intangibles, heart, chemistry, & experience. I still think this group could give the old ones a run for their money, if everyones
    healthy. This team is going to be very dangerous very soon.