1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

New video board at Reliant Stadium: 25% larger than Cowboys Stadium

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bigtexxx, Dec 19, 2012.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so why do you think they are getting the new scoreboard. i totally agree and i think bob mcnair is smart enough to agree. maybe he wants to sell the team before he dies?

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ty-in-Harris-Co-runs-risk-of-debt-1686079.php

How about you spend a few minutes using google. The Sports Authority almost defaulted on its debt a year ago.

You are against rail which will also help with getting a Superbowl and which will also be used by way more people, but you are for a scoreboard?

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

We don't have the money...For a staduim that's only used 8 times plus possible playoffs, not a good investment. I doubt the reason Houston hasn't gotten the superbowl is the size of video screens...

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1) It's used more than 8 times.
    2) It's not "the reason" but every little extra perk helps in its bid.

5. updawg

updawg Member

You know that extra space is just going to be used for ads

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Of course it will. But they'll have the capability to run full screen replays and select videos full screen which will be nice on such a huge board. But yes, a lot of the time I'm sure they will have digital signage up.

It'll also have a digital scoreboard with down/distance/ stats/etc. I'm sure rather than the analog stuff they have in the corner now.

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It IS crazy. People complain about taxes and what government does and doesn't have the right to do, but using taxpayer money to provide a place for privately owned teams to make more money is apparently totally cool.

If the Texans were owned by the City of Houston or Harris County, then I'm cool with it. But they aren't, and it's absolutely insane.

Edit: And I say that as a Texans fan who would love to make Cowboys fans feel even more insecure about their evil franchise...