1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New US Deck of Cards - Thanks for Nothing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hammer755, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

America's Most Unwanted

Two companies are dealing a royal ''flush'' to celebrities who opposed the war with Iraq

Sean Penn, Martin Sheen, Barbra Streisand and other peaceniks now star on playing cards that parody the Pentagon's so-called Deck of Death of most-wanted Iraqis.

''I think people are angry with Hollywood and their outspokenness in public-policy areas where they are not credentialed to speak. I mean, what does George Clooney know about foreign policy?'' asks Christopher Ruddy, editor of conservative Web site NewsMax.com. Ruddy says he already has sold 50,000 of the site's ''Deck of Weasels'' cards ($14.95).

The Weasels cards depict 54 celebrities and politicians wearing Iraqi Republican Guard berets, accompanied by an anti-war quote. The ''bleeding-heart liberal'' celebs naturally appear on the heart suit, Ruddy says. Jimmy Carter and Jesse Jackson are the jokers.

Marine Maj. Doug Cody and Capt. Marcus Bradshaw came up with the idea for their similar deck while watching the war unfold from the Pentagon.

''I don't begrudge anyone their right to express their opposition to the war . . . but the people on the cards went above and beyond what I thought was reasoned or principled opposition,'' Cody says.

Bradshaw, Cody and Cody's wife, Kerri -- who stress that their operation is not endorsed by the Defense Department -- designed ''America's Most Unwanted'' playing cards. The deck ($12.95) is available online at ThanxForNothing.com. A portion of the proceeds will benefit military charities.

''It's an involuntary way for (the celebrities) to give something back,'' Kerri Cody says.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Hammer755, Jun 5, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2003
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, those U.S. Senators are clearly "not credentialed to speak" about foreign policy. :rolleyes:

What about Toby Keith? Is he credentialed to speak because he agrees?

3. Buck Turgidson

Now that is pretty funny.

Wonder who's the Ace of Spades?

4. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

[​IMG]

Who else could it possibly be?

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Where's Bush, Sr.? Maybe if he had finished the job in 1991, this wouldn't have been necessary.

6. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

as if there was any doubt.....(to the identity of the Ace of Spades)

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Those cards are a waste of paper and ink, just like this thread is a waste of bandwidth.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thanks for regurgitating the spam e-mail I've received in my hotmail account every day for about the last month.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I get at least 4-5 a day.