1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New republican voter suppression

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 20, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Lincoln County looks to eliminate all polling places but one
    https://www.augustachronicle.com/st...mpts-eliminate-six-polling-places/8970073002/

2. TheresTheDagger

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That has happened to me before. I left and got a couple of donuts, came back 20 minutes later when the rest of the volunteers finally showed up and was able to vote.
    I wonder if it is a similar situation? There was another time when I was a registered republican and the church I voted at only had ballots for the Rs The Ds had to go to another church 7 miles down the road.

Last week when I voted there was only one volunteer for the Dem ballots and 4 for the Rep. After I got my ballot and sat down the Dem volunteer went to the restroom. One person came in after she got up and had to wait. I bet she even had enough time to get her phone out and record the others saying she couldn't vote right then but she didn't. She grabbed a cookie and waited.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I was told it was about election integrity and not voter suppression.

Murphy’s Law: GOP Leader Thrilled to Suppress City Vote » Urban Milwaukee

Republican Robert Spindell, a member of the Wisconsin Elections Commission, is proud as a peacock of the work Republicans did to suppress the vote in Milwaukee in the November 2022 election. Spindell, who also serves as chairperson of the party’s Fourth Congressional District, which includes much of Milwaukee County and almost all of the city of Milwaukee, sent an email to Republicans in the district hailing the party’s success at undermining the democratic process:

“In the City of Milwaukee, with the 4th Congressional District Republican Party working very closely with the RPW, RNC, Republican Assembly & Senate Campaign Committees, Statewide Campaigns and RPMC in the Black and Hispanic areas, we can be especially proud of the City of Milwaukee (80.2% Dem Vote) casting 37,000 less votes than cast in the 2018 election with the major reduction happening in the overwhelming Black and Hispanic areas.”

“…this great and important decrease in Democrat votes in the City” was due to a “well thought out multi-faceted plan,” Spindell bragged, that included:

• “Biting Black Radio Negative Commercials run last few weeks of the election cycle straight at Dem Candidates…
    • A substantial & very effective Republican Coordinated Election Integrity program resulting with lots of Republican paid Election Judges & trained Observers & extremely significant continued Court Litigation.”

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.