1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Rangers Ballpark gets roasted on Twitter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Jun 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SuraGotMadHops

Boy that sure does look like crap.

Patience and Nook like this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What was wrong with the old one? It was a beautiful ballpark and not that old.

I was living and working in the area when they built it and attended several games just to marvel at it.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Summer games, day games in particular, were insufferably hot, and their attendance was routinely hurt because of it.

It is a beautiful ballpark..if it were in Ohio, or Minnesota, not f**king Texas. Granted like everyone else I hate the taxpayer bulls**t these billionaire owners use.

dmoneybangbang and DCkid like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

**** like this makes Texas look BAD, man. They LAUGHED at me in Japan when they found out I was from Texas. I'd get roasted with the "Pew, pew, pew" (while making gun gestures with their hands). b****, we went to SPACE.

Rangers are out there playing at Luther's BBQ. 99'ers know what I'm talkin' about.

@tinman

Patience, CometsWin, BMoney and 9 others like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

b****, we went to space is my new line. Thank you!

6. Nook

Nook Member

7. Buck Turgidson

This is glorious.

But I'll gladly go to more games up there because it's indoors. Old ballpark was brutal, I did it in July once, my buddies would keep inviting me to roll up there for a game..."Nope"

[​IMG]

Uprising, CometsWin, jiggyfly and 8 others like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It makes some mean brisket but had to use 1 ton of wood pellets for a 24 hour cook.

There is no doubt in my mind that the outside will be retrofitted to look better due to all the flack.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It actually cools off more in Houston during summer evenings vs what it does up there.

It’s not like A/C stadiums/arenas are a novel concept.... the biggest mistake they made was not building a retractable roof park in the 90’s.

if baseball was played in the fall/winter there, fine... but it’s just unbearable outdoors during the summer.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Having done four years in DFW, I agree, it's hotter in the summer because it's so ****ing dry. People b**** about the humidity in Houston but having been away from it, I appreciated it when I got back.

My point is, if the stadium is topless, you know what you're getting in to. When property attired and prepared, three hours in the sun won't kill you.

And let's be real. More of this wouldn't hurt:

[​IMG]

marks0223, Deckard and Astrodome like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Indeed.

pretty sure they all realize that... but attendance does get impacted during the hottest months there and there is zero options for day games during those times (or if they are, they’re even worse for attendance).

Also, 3 hours in direct sun, and no wind, can kill you.

ironically, the first year that weather won’t impact attendance... will feature the worst attendance of all time.

12. Buck Turgidson

Crazy talk.

DCkid likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Same here, one summer day game up there, never again.

It isn't just being outdoors, every non-MLB ballgame I've attended was outdoors, it feels significantly hotter than elsewhere. It was miserable, I couldn't even enjoy my grossly overpriced beer.

No shade, no airflow, just sun and ambient body heat.

Nook and DCkid like this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I spent 4 years in Ft Worth and 2 years in Dallas and I thought it was cooler in the evenings in the metroplex vs Houston where the humidity keeps it hotter at night. Daytime was a different story.

either way, ugly stadium and go Stros

Nook, jiggyfly and desihooper like this.
  15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I'll give the benefit of the doubt that this design helps reflect the sun or some **** like that, making the climate control inside the building more energy efficient. I mean...that has to be it, right?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nah, they got cheap. Original renderings called for more translucent roof panels (along with more green space and landscaping).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

arkoe likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

"It looks like a warehouse where you store road salt."

Nook, CometsWin and SamFisher like this.
  18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Haha that is hilarious. It went from a meh stadium to a complete shithole surrounded by melting tar and asphalt. Good for those southern Oklahoman's.

Nook and Patience like this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

More breeze from the ocean then? Feels hotter at night there and the temperatures don't really go down as much.
    Agreed.

Just when you thought everybody learned their lesson from the airplane hangar in Phoenix.... Arlington has decided to set back ballpark construction another 20 years or so.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, if it were truly "topless," I might actually drive up to Dallas to see a game.