1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New Ownership] What characteristics are important to you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by today, Jul 17, 2017.

?

What characteristics would you like the new ownership to have? Choose your top 3.

Poll closed Jul 24, 2017.
  1. Hands-ON approach to basketball decisions

1.9%
  2. Hands-OFF approach to basketball decisions

48.8%
  3. Willingness to spend money (buying draft picks, paying tax, etc)

85.0%
  4. Loyalty to current management

54.4%
  5. Loyalty to the city of Houston

61.3%
  6. Loyalty to the Houston Rockets "Family" History

13.8%
  7. Individual Owner

6.9%
  8. Ownership Group

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Ownership Group - With Famous People involved

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Ownership Group - With Houston Athletes involved

3.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Loyalty to the City of Houston.....let Morey do his thing...AND, not be afraid of the luxury tax.

2. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Trust the professionals to do their job.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Be rich and not care about his money.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Not want to move the team to Seattle

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No pointy elbows or knobby knees. Otherwise, I'm flexible.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

did you actually notice that the lower bowl was empty at tip off, well before the choke job happened? i don't blame them for not showing up in game 6 because neither did the fans.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

it wasn't empty. stop trying to make something up

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was empty, and it was very noticeable

Mike Breen even mentioned how empty it was to start the game and numerous people have mentioned how embarrassing it was

smoothie likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i didn't think so

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lol yes i'm making up that there were too many empty seats because i'm pushing an empty seat agenda somehow related to desirable characteristics of a new owner. are you trying to tell me you saw every seat full? that's making stuff up. it was maybe 50% at best from tip off to the second quarter. for the biggest game of the year at home, and an elimination game on top of that. meanwhile other teams are at 100% attendance with everyone wearing the the team colored shirts during the pregame show.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

im specifically talking about game 6 bc thats what was brought up. and no 50% is false. did you even go to that game. im assuming youll just say yes just so you can support this claim

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was obvious to see tho

the game is on YouTube if u want to go and see how empty it was again

it was incredibly embarrassing, there were multiple rows that didn't have a single person in them or just like 3 or 4 people

Mike Breen's quote at the beginning of the game: A late arriving crowd here at the Toyota Center. It's a 7 p.m. start, but the crowd is late to get here.

He recognized how embarrassingly empty that place was.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

sat in the club section seats that is opposite of what is shown on tv. as far as game 6 i didn't notice it to be completely embarrassing and 50% that is being claimed. what took place on the court was actually what was completely embarrassing

what sucks is those seats may be empty but the private areas for the club sections associated with those are packed

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

50% in the lower bowl is a very fair claim, and embarrassing is the only way I can think to describe it

I can't recall any other playoff team having an arena that empty at tip off

the embarrassment started with the fans not showing up, and then continued with the team not showing up

smoothie likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i disagree but we might as well move on. game 6 is done and rather forget that pathetic display

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

what's your point? yes we're talking about game 6. lower bowl had so many empty seats that the tv guys mentioned it. you can say there was more people there, but its just not true.

here. look for yourself. clearly less than 50% at tipoff:

is that comparable to other teams home playoff games? no. sadly. not even close. i'm really not sure why you're set on defending the toyota center attendance for game 6.

why do you ask if i was there? bringing up my attendance instead of discussing toyota center attendance is responding to one argument by creating a new one. that's called a red herring fallacy, and its a type of false logic. you might have liked if i said i wasn't there so you could attempt to blame hundreds of empty seats on my absence, but that's another false logic called an ad hominem response, which is when you attack the arguer (me) instead of the argument (empty seats).

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

why do i ask bc seeing the first 3 rows on tv doesn't give you valid support for a 50% claim. you basically have no idea what the inside looks like outside of that.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly my point. i was embarrassed by those empty seats before the game even started. i think part of this is how, and to whom the seats are sold... which is what started this whole conversation... i just want an owner who will sell tickets to fans who will show up early... or at least show up at all.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

so you're saying thats exactly how other arenas looked in the playoffs? are you saying that's what every game looks like on tv?