1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Orleans Suggestions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cbk41, Jul 24, 2013.

1. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

My only advice, don't go to the strip clubs. Total tourist traps. I ain't paying 60 bucks for a dance, I don't know about you.

1 person likes this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Haha you need to get out more.

NYC, Miami, Vegas, LA, San Fran, shhhhiii....add Houston are all exponentially better than New Orleans. Old and run down city is old and run down.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Nope.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Where else have you been.....Detroit?

NOLA is an experience and I've had fun when I have gone, but it's pretty gross and I'm usually ready to get the hell out of there after a few days.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Don't go, that's my advice.

If you insist on going to Louisiana i enjoyed Lake Charles more than NO. Because of the Mardi Gras insanity people think it's some vibrant place with beautiful women, ...it's not.

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Don't let all the hate scare you. NO is fun as hell and the food is legendary. It has evolved into drinking, partying, eating and gambling. Just be careful cause it ain't Disney World.

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

How is Lake Charles more fun than NO? Common son

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I went a about a year and half ago and we had a great time. It is what it is, booze it up, eat some good food and head out after 2 days. Nice for a quick weekend partying trip.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah. The people flying out of that airport on Sunday all look dead inside. It's great. This thread has me excited, I want to go back now.

10. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

yeah, we were there last weekend for a friend's wedding. Like others said, the only thing good in NO is food. Lobsters at "The Crazy Lobster" is awesome. Beignet at Café Du Monde is ok, kinda overrated.
    the city is dirty, trash's very where on the street

1 person likes this.
  11. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

This. I heard from a buddy of mine that a group guys he knew went and all woke up the next morning with like a $10,000 charge on their cards. Somehow, the strippers got their cards from them, willing or not, and stole money. Not sure of the details but sounds sketchy

1 person likes this.
  12. tulexan

tulexan Member

Live music on Frenchmen, don't waste your time at Mothers (go to Butcher), Pat O's piano bar, flaming dr. peppers at the Goldmine

You're welcome

13. Buck Turgidson

Not for everybody I guess, but I've always loved the food, the music, just kinda the general vibe. Never had a problem, never had a bad time, but then again I'm not going there on the cheap just to get hammered and stumble**** around.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Anyone know of decently priced hotels to stay at within a walking distance to the French Quarter and preferably with free parking? Plan to move into the hotel and not touch the car until we leave.