1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Nike Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by finneycom1, Nov 3, 2012.

1. finneycom1

finneycom1 Member

Hey guys,
    New to the site. Please be kind. I just had a quick question about jerseys. Just ordered a new Foster Nike Jersey from houstontexans.com. I ponied up the money, b/c I wanted an authentic one not a knockoff. However, I was wondering why they are not giving the option to add the 10 year anniversary patch on these jerseys. I found the patch on another site and I am having a professional seamstress here in town sew it on the jersey. The only jerseys I have found with the patch already on there are knockoffs. Anyone know why they aren't adding these or at least giving you the option to add this when you order a jersey from the Texans website or NFL.com???

Thanks!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

no reason, they aren't just including it. Only reason I can come up with, I suppose Nike would think it would be obsolete after this season. I bet if they did have them, say they're "limited edition" hike them up to $300, people would still buy them....

3. finneycom1

finneycom1 Member

Thanks Dave2000!!! Cant wait to sport that jersey and support the Texans!! Foster is the man, and I think they have a really good chance to take it this year. We will see......

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Yeah I imagine it has to do with inventory reasons. They keep jerseys over the years and keep selling them. This is also why the team has to give like a 2 year notice to switch jerseys and players have to give a notice if they want to switch numbers (or names like Ocho Cinco).

5. platypus

platypus Member

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Finney,

Why would you want to "date" your jersey?

7. finneycom1

finneycom1 Member

JBIIRockets,
    I guess b/c I like the authenticity of the patch, plus it's an actual anniversary patch. I know, they probably wont be wearing the patch next year or the years to come, but, honestly, in a couple of years, I will probably need to invest in a new jersey anyway. I do see your point, but at the same time, when I wear the jersey next season, I really don't think it will be that big of a deal. Plus, when it's time to retire the jersey and get a new one, I could try and get this one autographed and shadow boxed, and I think that patch will be a nice touch to it. I have a couple of St. Louis Cardinals jerseys with the New Busch Stadium patch on the arm from a couple years back, and when I wear it, it doesnt really seem to bring any comments, one way or the other.

8. finneycom1

finneycom1 Member

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, if they trade a player or release him, or the player retires. then your jersey is outdated.

I think people still wear jerseys like mario williams, demeco ryans, even steven slaton.

10. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

So you're a Rockets and Texans fan, but a Cardinals fan instead of the Stros!??? How is this possible :)

11. finneycom1

finneycom1 Member

Ah, I am not a Rockets fan either. Dont know where you got that info. Just a Texans fan. I live in Missouri, my NFC team is of course, The Rams. But, AFC is the Texans. I have been asked this before. Really the Cardinals are the only STL team or home team that I am a true fan of. Rams are ok. I hate the STL Blues(Blackhawks, baby).

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Impressive, a Texans fan on a Rockets board for info, that's hardcore

Props

13. finneycom1

finneycom1 Member

Thanks for the props. Thought this part of the forum was just for the Texans, though. Apologies please.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

this part of the forum is only for texans, but people sign to clutchfans mainly to talk about the rockets.

Its like I sign to texanstalk.com, to only talk about the rockets, and I say, I dont root for the texans, I just root for the rockets.

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I left the GARM years ago. Couldn't take it anymore. Moved to Hangout, Astros and Texans forums.

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

yeah, but you signed up to talk about the rockets, and in the first years, you were in the GARM.

the OP signed up on clutchfans to talk about the texans.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

true.