1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New NBATV Documentary on Clutch City - June 8th 8PM CST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, May 7, 2015.

1. Jamers

Jamers Member

i will give unlimited rep to someone who can provide a link to the video.. i saw our local channel schedule and their next replay will be on Thursday.. i'll die waiting

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:grin: LOLs.

EDIT: Jamers is right, above. On again Thursday at 11 p.m. :cool:

#162 SwoLy-D, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I DVR'd it. But transferring from AT&T DVR is not easy. I will see about dragging out my old DVD-recorder. But will lose HD at that point.

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

A great time in my life, 1st son born during this time. Also, got a chance to hangout on Richmond between Hillcroft and Chimney Rock... A great jello shot bar on Richmond. Also, getting a chance to attend game 4 of the 95 finals with the late great Steve McNair sitting right next to the Rockets bench for the sweep of Orlando. AWESOME!!!

Last but not least, I got a chance to kick it with Vmax last week.

[​IMG]

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Someone upload plz

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Strange that some folks weren't that impressed with it. I thought it was better than I thought it would be. Maybe I was just in the right mood. I thought it was as good as that 30/30 ESPN Bad Boys documentary.

The stories and insight were terrific. It was cool how much they focused on Rudy T.

My only complaint is that I wanted more and would have loved to see more interviews from all of the players.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Glad they went way back to dream at fonde playing against moses
    2. Glad they showed a young kenny and vernon hooping it up
    3. Max vs jordan, newbs have never seen someone go at jordan like that. Like artest vs kobe only twice as intense
    4. They mentioned steve Patterson once
    5. Lots of maxwell commentary, who was the most entertaining
    6. Rudy and dream at the restaurant was emotional, so much goodness

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I couldn't even put it on pause. Took me straight back. What an incredible journey and very interesting was Hakeem's summer of finding his faith. What a TRANSFORMATION !

Just unbelievable. Something I will watch multiple times this summer as next year rolls around. NBA films, hats off to you for doing it with such style and class ! Maybe now many more people will realize just what happened and how special the words Clutch City are to us.

Clutch City !

9. bmd

bmd Member

I didn't like the music. It didn't seem to fit with the scenes. Was weird.

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Come on guys, please tell me somebodys going to upload this??

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I see what you're saying, I didn't pay much attention to the music, but you're right about it not having that emotional connection. I was just stoked about reliving the back 2 back so I'm okay with it, especially since it was brought up that even Jordan didn't want to face the Rockets!

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man... if my cablecard setup wasn't riddled with ****ty copy protection I'd try to share... It's a mess lately.

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

14. bmd

bmd Member

One of the great things about NFL films is how the music captures the drama of the moment.

I typed in "NFL Films" into Youtube, and here is the first video I clicked on:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3LpVcU-uhgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The music at the end of the Clutch City documentary seemed especially weird.

15. ibm

ibm Member

watching dream making his moves on the court is such a great joy, every friggin' time.

which makes me wonder about one question: where do all the great centers go nowadays?
    granted dream came from nigeria, but he's a made-in-usa product. historically we never had shortages of great centers, and many of them won mvp's. today, where are the great centers since shaq? the last closest thing to a great center was a 7'6 guy made in china.

they changed the rules to favor the perimeter players because great centers had become ancient species or it's the other way around?

16. wgray

wgray Member

i only got the preview on my dvr is thewre gonna be a replay?

17. BAM

BAM Member

i thought it would be on xfinity ondemand
    it will be on again on nbatv at 6/10 10pm though

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://snpy.tv/1Ir5p8W

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Awesome doc very well done. Brought back great memories. Was lucky enough to be at game 1 of the 94 finals and game 3 of the 95 finals at only 8 and 9 years old. Still remember it vividly.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What local channel?

I don't have NBA TV. Is there any way for me to watch this?