1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New NBATV Documentary on Clutch City - June 8th 8PM CST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, May 7, 2015.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This documentary has been excellent.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the '95 Playoffs, <a href="https://twitter.com/DR34M">@DR34M</a> led the NBA in scoring.

<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClutchCity?src=hash">#ClutchCity</a> premieres TONIGHT at 9 PM ET on NBA TV <a href="http://t.co/s55MtYbBeX">pic.twitter.com/s55MtYbBeX</a></p>&mdash; NBA TV (@NBATV) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/608030803763683328">June 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">These three were HUGE for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClutchCity?src=hash">#ClutchCity</a> back in the day. <a href="http://t.co/E9RWpCRtVT">pic.twitter.com/E9RWpCRtVT</a></p>&mdash; Rockets Nation (@Rockets__Nation) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets__Nation/status/607904945153703936">June 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. ibm

ibm Member

just watched it, and twice in a row. couldnt watch it yesterday because i didnt want to watch it piecemeal while watching game 2 of the finals.

good documentary. but honestly wasnt as good as i'd thought. maybe i was expecting too much...

4. tinman

Supporting Member

it wasn't on yesterday. you are getting the clutch city (old doc) vs the new one which came out today.

if you don't see Rudy T and Dream in a restaurant, then you watched the old one

5. ibm

ibm Member

huh? wasnt it supposed to come out on nba tv last night?

but the one i just watched did start with rudy t sitting w/ dream in a restaurant. it also had like a 30-minute preview b4 that. so that WAS the new one right? at least i had not seen it anywhere b4.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

today was the nbatv premiere, you saw the newest one.

dream slapping maxwell? rudy t's story?
    you weren't impressed?

7. ibm

ibm Member

thanks for clarifying that, tinman.

some parts were pretty good, and dream slapping max was sth. i didnt know about. some footage, i wonder how they got those.

but overall i only give it maybe a b+. dont know exactly why. maybe i was expecting too much since i knew it was coming out and heard too much on 610.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

So the moral to the story of the Clutch City documentary was that if MJ was in the league, the first season, and played the whole second season, we would have never won. What a crock of ****. They just had to add that in there, to end the show at that. Fkin BS...

9. BleedsRocketRed

Nobody recorded it? I missed it and couldn't watch it. :(

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I'm sure they'll re-show it really soon.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I was narrating it to my GF. I knew exactly what was gonna happen when they were showing the highlights. I remember those series, and games like they were yesterday.

12. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Is it long?
    Did they interview Thorpe as well?
    New footage or most used from the original documentaries?
    Which audience did they cater to: regular fans or Rockets fans (probably the former since Kenny is overly present as always)?
    Anything else leading up to it or after the documentary by NBA TV worth mentioning?

13. PJ86

PJ86 Member

[​IMG]

No Thorpe, Maxwell, Elie?? Kenny and Hakeem twice?? Who made that, official NBA created?

Maybe a thread with all the photos they created especially for this documentary / commemoration?

14. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Best part for me was when Clyde got traded and then told Rudy this is a dream come true, I used to watch you in the stands.

15. the shark

the shark Member

Wondering if this will be made available to buy on DVD by the NBA?

16. gogispade

gogispade Member

Can i download it from somewhere or will it come to youtube?

17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Where's the pirated version?

18. hakeemthagreat

My thoughts exactly. I thought we'd get more personal footage of the players preparing before games. We've all seen these clips before

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

A digital download copy would be greatly appreciated.

20. Rockets007

Rockets007 Contributing Member

Please someone make this available for those of us who don't have NBATV!!