1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New NBATV Documentary on Clutch City - June 8th 8PM CST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, May 7, 2015.

1. theredbackpack

i won't get beat up for this will i :eek:

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm wearing jeans and sneakers to this ****, I don't give a ****.

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

So... will the documentary be available for purchase...?

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Awesome.

5. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Jealous bro...Jealous

6. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

discuss...pictures?

7. LG1200

LG1200 Member

Amazing documentary and only Rockets fans or Houstonians will truly appreciate it. I have no idea how they got some of the footage they did. Really wish they could have screened an advanced copy to the team before or during the WCF, because I think they would have been inspired.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So, about the Maxwell clip?

9. Play07

Play07 Member

Maxwells in it a lot & he's funny but keeps it real.

10. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Truly an amazing evening. The Banter of the panel (Rudy, Bull,vernon, Clyde, mario, Sam Casell, horry and Tim beaux) after the video presentation was one of the highlights of me being a rocket fan. One nugget I will share is a question Vernon answered from Bull (who was moderator).

Vernon had said earlier that Olajuwon almost converted him to Islam after a serious talk they had during the 94-95 season. When bull asked details about why he didn't - he responded "Cuz Sam, Mario and I probably went out that night and we did some stuff that De-converted me."

Classic Vernon. Crowd went crazy.

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Mad Max is the man!

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It felt like an "urban movie experience" at the movies with the hootin and hollerin. (search in the hangout about that)

Craig Sager was there. He looked good. His wife is pretty hot. Good to see Sager.

Just waiting in the lobby, and see Vernon Maxwell was awesome. And seeing Sam Cassell was great. Wish OT was there. Wish Kenny Smith was there. I walked down the stairs with Rudy. That was cool.

Kenny was not there because of commitments with TNT or NBA TV. Forgot.

I don't want to say too much about the documentary, because you should already know what happened. I wished they talked more about the city and its choke jobs with the Astros and the Oilers. Cause I think those stories about those teams are important to the story of how Choke City became Clutch City.

I think Vernon got a lot of pop, but Rudy's story was great.

I hope this brings awareness that Rudy T should be in the basketball hall of fame.

Yeah, I got some dust in my eyes. Then my eyes started to legit burn because I kept rubbing it like a dumbass.

13. theredbackpack

i can't even put into words tonight

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I meant the clip of him being held back, what was the context?

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Wish I could share some pics but will do later tonight! Just an AWESOME, AWESOME event. Friend of mine and I had a real conversation with CEO Tad Brown, got to talk to Jim Foley who I am a big fan of, Carrol Dawson, Craig Seger was there (was great to see him). Told Sam sorry about what we did to them in the playoffs and he jokingly said I had to bring that up huh lol. You guys will love the doc, cant wait to watch it again!!

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Will be watching this wearing my 1995 Rockets Championship shirt. Just seeing Rudy T, Sam, Clyde, Horry, Elie and Hakeem brought tears of joy to my eyes.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just set it to record on Monday night. They also have a "countdown to Clutch City" listed before it comes on. Wonder what that will be? I'm recording it too (obviously).

Hoping this will be better than the Clutch and Double Clutch videos, which always seemed like they were thrown together at the last minute. I'm sure they were.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This will be in 1080p instead of vhs resolution

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> legends attended last night's premiere of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClutchCity?src=hash">#ClutchCity</a>

Don't miss the <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV">@NBATV</a> premiere Monday, 9pm ET <a href="http://t.co/hKx17CEvk9">pic.twitter.com/hKx17CEvk9</a></p>&mdash; NBA TV (@NBATV) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/606518884313767938">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Already set my dvr