1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(NEW MUSIC) "We" by Arcade Fire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, May 6, 2022.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

weakfromtoday, Caesar and boomboom like this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Funeral is one of those albums that hit everything just right. The timing (when indie pop was exploding), the songwriting, the hooks, the urgency, the youthfulness, the fact that you can just tell the band is excited about what they're doing in the moment...their shows made that even clearer. Saw them as the third band on the bill at Walter's, not knowing who they were, and they absolutely stole the show.

Nothing I've heard from them since even sniffs at that serendipity. Chasing the dragon for nearly 20 years...the curse of debuting with an absolute masterpiece.

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Listening to Age Of Anxiety II right now. It was in my new music Spotify list. I really like it. Will give the rest of WE a listen later today.

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Huge fan of Funeral, Neon Bible, and to a lesser extent Reflector. The songs on WE are ok...but just ok. Nothing here really stands out or is even half as good as any of the songs on Funeral. They went the hipster route of trying to go outside of their comfort zones in experimenting with new styles, instead of just embracing what made them great in the first place. They could've been the next U2 or Coldplay, but they couldn't stick the landing. Instead of maturing, they digressed.

Guess they can always try again next album.

#4 Entropy, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Isn't the lead singer a huge Hakeem the Dream fan and Rockets fan in general, and from Houston in 80's or 90's? He's probably on this board.

cwebbster, FranchiseBlade and Caesar like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Woodlands, so he's basically from Dallas.

He did show some game in the celebrity game at least once.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bands like Arcade Fire and Polyphonic Spree were a thing for a minute there in the 2000s.

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Huge fan of Funeral, Neon Bible and The Suburbs…pumped to listen to this soon.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I purchased Funeral and Turn on the Bright lights and a outlast album that had just came out the same day. Sooooo good all damn 3 of them.

Blake likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I listened to it. It didn’t do much for me. Loved their first three records.

Entropy likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I listened to the lighting song. Meh

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The second song tonight on SNL was like a musical anxiety attack.