1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Mccain Ad: The One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by yaoluv, Aug 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mopkn0lPzM8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mopkn0lPzM8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mccain's campaign gets sillier every day.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

John McCain is more concerned about Barrack Obama than he is about helping America. 90% of his campaign begins with "Barrack Obama...", while 90% of Obama's campaign starts with "I believe..."

Oh shet! I can't say that, because he was a POW. That makes him special, because no one else was a POW.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Thus far, you simply can not dispute these ads' effectiveness.

Again, I say they are absolutely brilliant.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

McCain is disgraceful. I can't believe I thought so highly of him before the general election started. At this point, it would take a miracle for me to vote for him. I'm also rapidly approaching the line that I would almost vote for Obama just to punish McCain.

McCain is just a standard, no-character, Republican who will say ANYTHING or run any commercial to get elected. No way I can vote for someone like that. I don't give a flip if he was a POW 40 years ago and refused to leave. Whatever character and honor he had back then has been lost along the way. I hope later on in the campaign this disgraceful two-week period boomerangs and blows up in his face. His complete hypocrisy in complaining about the attention Obama was getting in the press while running commercials that mention only Obama just amazes me. How can he look at himself in the mirror?

This is one independent that is now off the fence. If Obama doesn't stink it up too bad the next 13 weeks, he's got my vote. I wish I could truly express how disgusted and let-down I am about McCain.

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

It's a great ad and I thought the Paris Hilton ad was perfect after the left wing media followed him to Europe when they don't even leave New York to follow a sitting president

7. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

That's truly hilarious. You've been Obama's nutrider since day 1 around here. Nice try.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To quote myself from another thread:

9. surrender

surrender Member

If you keep saying it, it must be true

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

first of all, no he hasn't, and secondly, you've been a rudy/romney/mccain which makes you a prostitute nutrider this whole process

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Your are truly hilarious, expecting anyone to take you seriously. Nice try.

Back at the beginning of 2007 when it all started, I was pro-McCain, pro-Edwards, anti-Hillary, anti-Rudy and neutral on Obama and Romney. Edwards morphed himself into a negative populist, Romney made flip-flopping his life story and turned attack-dog and recently McCain trashed the notion that he was a high-character politician. Only Obama is left standing. There is plenty of time for him to implode before November. But right now, I'm so disappointed at McCain it hurts.

12. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

So this turned you off on Romney, but Obama's flip flops on NAFTA, offshore drilling, FISA, campaign finance, the surge, and scores of others issues hasn't dented your opinion of him?

As Jeremiah Wright might say, you be

NUTRIDIN' DIRTY

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Has McCain had an ad where he talks about himself or his policies? Or is he more concerned with Obama?

I know a lot of people think poorly of McCain because of this, but to me it's just his campaign. IMO, he's looked really uncomfortable when he goes negative. It just feels so awkward and unnatural to me. Awkward pauses when he jabs at Obama, followed with forced smiles.. he just doesn't have the charisma to pull it off.

14. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Actually we've all been prisoners of "w" for the last 7 and a half years.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Much more than the flip-flopping, what turned me off on Romney was his vicious tactics against Huckabee in Iowa and McCain in NH. I'm no fan of cutthroat, lowest common denominator politics. If you go back and search, I didn't have much to say about Romney either way until a few weeks before Iowa when Huckabee surged and Romney got the knives out. It was quite interesting that when he started attacking McCain later in NH, Huckabee and McCain (who don't have much in common) basically tag-teamed against Romney because they both despised him so much. Even Rudy hammered him a couple of times (while saying little about the other two) before he gave up. Of course, now that McCain has emerged everyone has smooched each other on the lips.

I can handle it when someone changes their opinion. But when it's obvious a person completely remakes multiple positions for the sole purpose of running for higher office, the stink factor is high. None of the flip-flopping McCain and Obama have done compare to Romney. If you don't see that, you just don't want to. And, yes, the recent flip-flopping by both candidates has definitely "dented" my opinion of both. But Romney's flips on abortion, gun control, gay rights, immigration, etc are breathtaking. The only circumstances causing his changes were him gunning for higher office. He is the least authentic candidate for president in a long time. Even the best campaign money could buy didn't save him.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Not sure all of the target audience will be able to understand the intent of the message. Those led by religious mysticism will see it and vote for Obama based on the religious iconography depicted, rather than the intended meaning of the ad.

Others with the capacity for abstract thought will see it for the desperate lack of anything McCain as a candidate has to offer.

T_J and company are lost and wandering in the wilderness, but Obama will lead them to the promised land.

17. Major

Major Member

The target audience is the media, really. One of these ads (not sure which), they only made something like a $20,000 buy in DC. The only point was to get enough exposure for the media to start talking about it and shape the discussion.

Someone on another website also pointed out that if you watch this one on mute, it's not really clear if it's an pro McCain or Obama ad because all the images are pretty positive Obama images. Whoever came up with that made a big mistake there, because the visuals are as important as the audio.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The religious right just found their candidate.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its the same with the paris ad, if you don't understand the intended criticism and just glance at, the ad seems pro obama

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

McCain should be ashamed of that ad. What? It's now okay to mock Christian beliefs if it fits your aganda?