1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New LED Shot Clocks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redefined, Nov 3, 2007.

1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I can't believe it took me this long to notice the new shot clocks

[​IMG]

I can tell you one thing that irritated me the most sitting behind the basket was the ridiculous shot clock. I had a real hard time seeing the other end of the court with the old boxes, especially having all those cameras and microphones placed right on top of them.

Now I'll just have to try it out for myself to see if it makes any difference

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I sat behind the basket once at the Sumit. Never again.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

How do you see from the side?

4. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I was going to mention that this was the only picture I could find on the web. It's inaccurate because it's actually a 3-sided shot clock. There are 2 smaller LED screens on each side. It even looks great on TV!

**EDIT**

I now know why I never noticed this earlier. After watching highlights from around the league, it seems like Mavericks are one of the few, if not the only, team to use this new technology. I thought it was a league wide implementation. Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be long before Houston and the rest of the league copy this ;)

http://www.creatingcustomerevangelists.com/resources/evangelists/mark_cuban.asp

First it was 3-sided, then it was slim and clear, what will he come up with next? Only great owners care about their fans just as much as their team

#4 redefined, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

was going to say the rockets had the old shot clocks last night

7. JD2010

JD2010 Member

i know memphis was the first team to have the new led shot clocks when they opened up the FedEx Forum

Houston really needs them..

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Does it really make any difference at all to the game if they have the old shot clock or the new ones, of course besides looks? I don't really think it's a priority in Houston that's all.

9. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Only a few NBA arenas use the new slim LED shot clocks. Memphis, Charlotte and Philadelphia come to mind.

The four sided ones that Toyota Center uses is actually the "official" shot clock of the NBA. Majority of the arenas have them.

10. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

the big black one suck especially if u are watching fomr the top lower bowls because it is like a big hole in ure tv you would want the full view