1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New KFC commercials...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, May 27, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wtf... The Colonel is creepy. I imagine there are kids out there having nightmares who will never eat at KFC in their lives.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

The Dbag in the McDonald's commercial says hi.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I feel like the Burger King, this Col. Sanders, and Ronald McDonald could be nice horror movie villians.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It took me a few times to realize it, but that's Darrell Hammond from SNL.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, I feel the same way.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I agree! This guy makes me want to puke!...:eek:

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All commercials should be forced to feature the people that use their products a lot like those cigarette ads you see.

So KFC could have the half ton single mom bringing home a bucket of scazzy, disgusting chicken to her three quarter ton kids and then watch them faze out mentally and pass out shortly after dinner. KFC! Finger lickin good!

McDonalds could feature that guy in the drive thru who looks molded into the front seat of his Ford Fiesta with the rest of the car full of burger wrappers and newspapers (yes, work with me). He orders a 20 piece nugget as the appetizer to his double quarter pounder value meal and large diet coke with two Apple pies for a dollar... make it four Apple pies. McDonalds, I'm lovin it!

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I could tell quickly because of the lips. He's on my SNL most underrated list.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yeah, this guy sucks too.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Is it just me or does colonel sanders look like a plantation owner..

They got the massa serving the black masses subpar chicken.. o lawd

12. SuraGotMadHops

I think it's kind of disrespectful to the real Col. Sanders, making a goofy character out of him like that. I wonder what his family thinks about these.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You do know the original wasn't a real colonel, right?

14. SuraGotMadHops

Obvs...but you dont have to be a Colonel to be disrespected when you're made a mockery of.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I agree that KFC is making fun of the colonel to an extent... Nothing malicious really, considering that he's a character in the vein of Ronald McDonald rather than a real person to most.

Sanders was an old fashioned showman. He started wearing the outfit because it was untimely and a bit silly, giving the restaurant a brand. Privately he was supposedly a temperamental and bitter old man.

1 person likes this.
  17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It's very interesting that KFC went away from the Colonel and using its full name Kentucky Fried Chicken in advertisements and now is bringing it back. I thought they didn't want to be known for fried food. I remember when they used KGC during the grilled chicken phase.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

So being a colonel is the severely watered down version of knighthood in England:

Also, Sanders told a judge his title had as much meaning as "your honor", implying there was no meaning.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We're talking about a dude who spent his whole life dressing up like a freaking character to sell fried chicken to the masses. Let's not get carried away here.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A few other fast food companies tried it. Doesn't work. They aren't fooling anybody. Now they are embracing what they are.

The health conscious demo is a waste of time. You can add a few healthy options to a menu but you cant put on some facade to try and win over an audience that's much smaller than your regular customers. Nobody is going to KFC to order grilled chicken, lulz.