1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Jersey veteran says he was denied entry into Six Flags theme park for shirt supporting Marines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Aug 16, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/vet-flags-denied-entry-t-shirt-article-1.1904297

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah he was wrong for wearing that shirt.

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Purely from the security guards POV, I'm not surprised they turned him away. It's not obvious at all that the shirt is supporting the Marines, more like supporting violence and revenge (return fire part). Hope eh got into it next time round.

4. dback816

dback816 Member

And of course the MRF chooses to cash in on this opportunity.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The park has a dress code and he didn't adhere to it. What's the problem?

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Its a gun in a kids park.
    I personally don't really care. Children aren't 100% naive and innocent. They know far more than you think they know.
    But common sense would tell you to wear PG clothes to a PG park...

That being said, its a private institution/company/organization's policy. Just shut up and buy another shirt Mr. War Veteran.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That guy is an idiot.

8. Mr. Brightside

I'm more curious about the undershirt beneath a tank top look.

9. across110thstreet

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

It's not a real gun. It's not a toy gun. It's not even a gun. It's a t-shirt.

11. heypartner

heypartner Member

His wife and son started crying and he still refused to buy another shirt ?

12. Duncan McDonuts

It has USMC on it. A simple Google search, which anyone can do at anytime now that everyone carries a smart phone, first thing that shows up is Marine Recon Foundation. It's clearly supporting the Marines.
    The dress code "against vulgar, offensive or violent images or wording." There's no vulgarity, no violent image nor wording. The only thing up for interpretation is offensive, which anything can be offensive to someone. You're going to have a hard time convincing me that it really violates any dress code.

Regardless, the park is a private institution and can enforce any rules arbitrarily, whether or not it gives them bad PR. They could have compensated him a new shirt and this would have been a non-story. If I were in his position, I'd probably do the same thing. I'm not going to pay $20 for a new shirt and I paid my entree fees for the park. He has a reason to be upset.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Even more ridiculous is that they sell toy guns at these parks, but a t-shirt makes people feel uncomfortable.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Yes, in twelve point font on the back. Don't play stupid with us. The issue is perception. No one is going to notice the small USMC print on the back. Everyone will notice the front though.

Personally I have a distaste for veterans who try to cash in on the veteran sympathy card. The media eats this **** up. It's as if veterans should be infallible god's gift to mankind.

BTW, the thread title is highly misleading. He wasn't kicked out for wearing a shirt that represented the Marine Corps. He was kicked for what was said on the front.

P.S. That dude needs to shrink those man boobs before he makes us look like ****.

"I Am an IRAQ WAR VET! I DEMAND TO BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY AND NOT ABIDE BY YOUR COMPANY POLICIES... BECAUSE WAR VET! WAIT WHAT... YOU DON'T SUPPORT DA TROOPS! U UN AMERICAN b*stard!"

#14 fchowd0311, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I get that and I'm not one of the complainers, but nothing you can do about private policy from a private entity. I don't like the policy because kids have seen guns before and many tv shows, music, etc. promote violence, so why try so hard to shield kids from it?

That being said, just take the shirt off or buy a new one. Take one for the team for your family don't stand there and be Mr. Tough guy to fellate your ego.

What like nerf guns? Lol.
    I really doubt anybody is uncomfortable, just over-reaching policy from the theme park owners. Consequence of the lawsuit crazy frenzy in this country.

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

I agree, I agree. Not everyone can fellate themselves.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

His bra was sticking out

18. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Member

He obviously wasn't wearing a bra. He needed a sports bra to keep from bouncing on the roller coasters.

19. conquistador#11

even if i had a dwight howard's body, i'd never wear a tank top out in public then again a lot may feel the same about my light blue chinos. back on topic, that tank doesn't have anything referencing the marines, even judge judy would automatically rule with 6 flags.

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

Yeah, I sort of agree with Six Flags here. I would consider that shirt offensive, even if it is produced by the military.