1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New Info]CIA repeatedly warned Bush about Sept 11; Neocons put OBL on ignore list

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Sep 11, 2012.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

new info from an op/ed in today's Times. - too bad we didn't know this in 2004...or 2000.

Thx for your hard work, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney, Elliot Abrams!

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

This is clearly Obama's fault.

1 person likes this.
  3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was wondering which of the execrable libs here would post this execrable bit of revisionism. i had hoped you'd all rise above it.

i am disappoint.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This board won't be governed by the truth err...

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Clinton turned down Sudan's offer to hand over bin Laden in the late 90's. That's a fact. Much stronger than this speculation.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3,000 people died. I think holding this fool accountable for ignoring SIX warnings is totally justified.

The only thing is you need to rise above your partisan robotic shtick for once.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop trying to spin the truth on this day man. It really makes me think less of you as a human being.

For once, show some respect. Do you not have any bounds of decency at all?

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yesterday, Bill Keller of the times OKed Iran going nuclear, today they blame Bush for 9/11.

sad, and predictable.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Can you freaks take a break for a day? Hell even the campaigns are pulling their ads today.

Show some ****ing respect.

10. SamFisher

Rise above what? Accountability? The national security apparatus failed miserably, due to top level priorities/politicis, despite having ample opportunity to not fail.

The evidence is pretty clear that when Condoleeza Rice was going over missile defense systems on the night of September 10, 2001, she had her eye on the wrong ball. As did the entire rest of the gang of morons in the months preceding, as this latest bit vallidates

Hell even after, when Cheney said the proper respponse to Sept 11 was to bomb Iraq, they still couldn't identify the threat. With a giant smokiing grave still burning.

Disgusting. And worse, they parleyed that into second term of misrule.

thats Y I SO MAD THO, if you were wondering.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've burned you so many times with that baseless claim that for now I'm not even going to bother doing it again. It was fun when I did it the first time, but it's become tiresome.

The truth is that Sudan never made an offer to hand Bin Laden over. That's a fact.

12. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I must have missed the part of the article where the CIA "repeatedly" warned about an attack on 9/11.

13. SamFisher

Really? Did you read it? I didn't post the whole article in the excerpt because I figured it's worth the click. But it's pretty clear that starting in Spring of 01 (rather than just August as we previously thought) this was a major theme, that was ignored.

14. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Um, are you aware of the premise of this thread? That the NYT would run a hit piece on Bush and the CIA on Sep 11th. Take a break for the day? Look in the mirror, clown boy!

1 person likes this.
  15. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Yeah, because attempts to score political points on this day sure shows a lot of respect.

16. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Yes, it says a terror attack, not one on 9/11. So many times in years after 9/11 we were warned that a terror attack was imminent from the government and nothing happened. Hindsight is clearly 20/20, but you can't say that because they were warned something could happen that they knew exactly where and how. Unless said June 29th briefing detailed what would happen then that is a different story.

17. SamFisher

Seriously, read the article before you make arguments that are addressed within:

The big reveal here though isn't just stuff being ignored, which we already knew happened, the big reveal is 1) the extent and number of warnings that they ignored, and more importantly 2) the Bush Administrations was willfully looking for ways to discredit the intelligence about Al Qaeda in favor of ridiculous bullsh-t about Iraq.

F that doesn't piss you off then you aren't really holding them to a high enough standard.

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

**** off *******

19. droopy421

droopy421 Member

20. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Sorry for causing you to meltdown. You lose.