1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Headphones!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by c1utchmatic, Jan 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm on the market for headphones too and I've also heard good things about the M-80s. I heard that it's kind of small though in terms of fit. I have a fairly large noggin (8.5 hat size). Will they fit me?

2. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

I think I have a pretty big head, but I'm not sure what my hat size is. They do fit me fine though. The headband is some kind of flexible metal, but it's amazingly durable. Overall the build quality is great, everything on the set seems rock solid. The ear pads are some kind of memory foam material, and although they were a little stiff at first, they're starting to soften up and feel much better.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm thinking about getting some Beats by Dre.

Does anybody have recommendations on which ones to buy? Not too worried about prices, but mainly just the best deals.

For the experienced, I see they have Executive, Pro, Solo, Mixr, and Wireless. Which would be the best buy?

Thanks in advance!

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And yes....I realize I'm buying into the Beats trend haha. Might not be getting the BEST headphones out there, but I like the style, and they've been highly recommended to me by friends.

5. underoverup

underoverup Member

I bought some Sony headphones at Walgreens a couple of weeks ago for $9.

:eek:

6. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

Trust me man these are MUCH better than beats. I used my friends Mixrs and solo HDs, and these m80s sounded so much better. Don't buy into the hype man, go for the best product. The m80s look really nice too IMO. But if I had to choose, I would go with the mixrs. Most balanced sound of them, but the mids and treble are kinda muddy

7. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I like the Klipsch IMAGE S4. after i lost them i bought the Klipsch IMAGE S4A, and after i lost these i am now about to get the Klipsch IMAGE S4A II. These are some of the best Earphones I have ever use.

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yes those are really nice ones. I have the skullcandy mix master mike. Bulky but incredible music quality. I smh when I see people with cheap headphones because I used to be one of those people until I saw the light.

9. SacTown

SacTown Member

Repped. They suck ass. Too much bass and way overpriced for what you get. I know from experience.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

Before you buy them, listen to the other headphones in the same price category first. I'm pretty sure you won't buy the beats after doing so if you care about music sound quality.

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

When I found out the Beats were made by Monster I dismissed them. Although I read they are no longer going to be made by Monster, so that might be a plus.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That's part of the problem, with the Beats clones coming out, that's all there is to test them out against at a best buy. I believed half of what made the Beats so popular was that those were the (falsely) expensive models available to demo at all big box stores and just as important, apple stores.

Brands outside of AKG have minimal ways of letting people demo them unless the consumer meets up with other headphone people. Back when I wanted a pair of Grados, I had no idea of where to look in Houston to try out a pair. I ended up buying a pair of Alessandros on word of mouth. I haven't regretted it, but it's basically a blind purchase.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Since I'm getting some negative feedback...what are the price comparisons for Beats and these other headphones that are being tossed around in the thread? If they're decently comparable, then I guess I'd probably have to go with the better quality headphones.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

More of a general statement- its cool to have the hot brand that everyone wants and has seen. It's cooler to purchase the brand that the dedicated respect. It makes you learn more about the things you're interested in, and then you get inducted into a something that a select few understand.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seeing on the internet that Sennheiser is a high quality brand? Any confirmations for that?

Sorry in advance...I'm a complete rookie in the world of headphones, but I've finally decided to upgrade from the apple earbuds haha.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

check out all the headphone guides on http://www.headphone.com/

;)

17. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

haha bro i'm telling you try out the m80s and you won't be disappointed! they're on sale for 130 at radioshack. if they aren't to your liking you can always return them.

18. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Beats by dre best pair of headphones I've ever purchased. Really good bass for my rap music. Comfortable and very fashionable for my college attire

19. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

and yes sennheiser is a good brand, but they can get pricey

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Sennheiser 280hd pros are really good for about $100. I was also surprised by a Sony model for about $100... I believe it was the v55.

Both seemed way better than Beats...