1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Features In NBA Live 2005!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Just B, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Man

Man Member

lol I agree..but I never noticed #1...
    Live 04 is great..I only played the demo of ESPN 2k4..but I had 2k2 and 2k3 before..I don't know what to get next. If ESPN is 20 bucks, I'll get it. :)

2. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

u got to know how to play the game bud

3. UTweezer

UTweezer Member

EA may own football and baseball, but I have to give Basketball to ESPN/SEGA NBA 2K series.

The DC version 2k2 was probably the best basketball game ever.

One thing with ESPN NBA is you have to adjust the sliders to make it realistic. Everyone who complains about the gameplay, plays it on allstar or superstar difficulty w/o changing the sliders...
    Graphics-wise, Live doesn't compare.

Live is over and done with, you have the die-hard EA'ers hanging on...

remember how 989's NFL Gameday ruled the Earth and then just faded away?

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

I didn't like last years ESPN, but the Dreamcast versions were awesome! I prefered NBA Live 2004 to ESPN Basketball

5. Just B

Just B Member

Yeah I win most of the time, but I'm that perfectionist type that could go 81-1 in a season and get pissed off about that 1 loss. I lose cause of cheating maybe 1 in every 10 games or so.

6. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

nba live's gameplay was too arcadish for me. espn was sorta of a simulation but i didnt to play the low post with yao. i couldn't make him do a hook shot at all. i hope espn nba 2k5 will be 20 bucks just like espn nfl 2k5 (which comes out july 20 or 21st at eb games and gamestop)

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

While I liked ESPN - I'd give it a slight edge over last year's Live, but it was almost a wash in some respects - I think that's a little wishful thinking on your part.

That's still an extremely close race. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Also...

....Gameday was good for like one year.

8. jello77

jello77 Member

which game has the better, more in depth franchise mode?

9. jondoe654

jondoe654 Member

in nba live 2004 they used a standard arena for the rockets, will the toyota center actually be in this one? and will we get to control ticket/food prices in franchise mode like other games?

10. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

The thing I have with Live is that when you tip a ball on an inbound and Deflect a pass and it goes out of bounds. They give you a turnover.

ESPN Basketball needs to fix that camera angle, well I really don't mind the angle it's just that it's too high and that ISO stuff is garbage.

11. Rockets34Legend

Here some pics of NBA Live 2005 (BEWARE, some pics might be TOO LARGE):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]