1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New backup center Clint Capela!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hongxingli, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Anything he contributed was found money. I really like how McHale used him in the flow of the game. Everything Capela gave was like a bonus. Got playoff production out of a rookie.

2. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Was this McHale's decision or Morey's? Saw no signs of this coming. Glad it did though.

3. clutz

clutz Member

McHale doesn't play rookies, remember? So when rookies play, it must be someone else's decision.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Clint was not afraid to challenge shots in the paint. And came up with big rebounds.

Always alert too for those alley-oops.

Our 2nd quarter though for everyone was a disaster, not just Capela.

5. 713

713 Member

Thank god we rested Dorsey, we need him for finals.

1 person likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Capela made some mistakes but he made some plays. Unlike Dorsey who would just make mistakes....

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm in absolute awe from how much he has developed since the beginning of the season. He was horrible, I mean it took him like 5 or 10 games just to get his first bucket in, he was abused on D, and he couldn't hit a FT to save his life. Fast forward, he's coming in mid 1st quarter in the playoffs, putting up very respectable numbers and making a meaningful impact on the game.

Bravo Morey(+scouts), bravo D-league and bravo coaching staff. For finding him, developing him, integrating him into our system, and our rotation in time for the playoffs.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

no choice.

DMo is out and Dorsey is awful

9. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

harden still incorporating new teammates in the playoffs - the job is never done.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

And hopefully Dwight won't leave his big fat head in the locker room next game and will play more than 17 mins. He cannot do this during the playoffs.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

I logged in just to post the same thing. Shocked that McHale who failed this year to give Troy Daniels and Isaiah Canaan (and D-Mo in previous years) a chance to help the team actually gave a rookie who recently showed up legit minutes and catapulting over Dorsey in the rotation.

For once, he did the right thing. Meritocracy is always a good thing.

12. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

He looked pretty lost out there for most of the time, but also had some good contributions. Can't blame the guy, really kind of thrown in the fire after playing so little this season.

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

He plays better than Dorsey; no drawback.

14. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale praising Capela, saying he works very hard and nothing seems to faze him. Sounds like he's gaining some trust in the rookie.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/589647490506330113">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

McHale deserves huge credit for going with Clint.

Go Houston Rockets! Go Clint Go!

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

mad props to him and credit to mchale for giving him a shot.

I'm here to eat crow

17. newAge_Rockets

Awesome job by Clint tonight! I love the energy, athleticism and length he brought to the team. I HATED the pick last June, but let me just eat my crow. He's developed so much over the season, and it seems his potential is limitless! It's also gonna be so beneficial that he gets to work with Hakeem, Dwight, Josh, and Terrence in practice.

18. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Yes, he is still lost a lot, but his length and shot blocking instinct is huge for this round, no easy layup is critical.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Did McHale just level up as coach?

20. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

What's encouraging is that he looks more and more comfortable in the offense with more playing time, and he continues to improve at the FT line, unlike other players that have been in the league for years. He got over 60% at the charity stripe in the D-League so I have confidence he can get to that mark in the NBA.