1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Article - Don’t Panic Yet Rockets Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TerryGoldfain, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TerryGoldfain

TerryGoldfain Member

Yes, there IS an article on this topic that doesn't start with 'Houston we have a problem'.

'Don’t Panic Yet, Rockets Fans' http://pickandroll.com.au/houston-rockets-panic/ analyzes whether any changes need to be made for the Rockets to be a legitimate threat.

While the article acknowledges their deficiencies it makes, what I believe to be, valid arguments for the current team still being capable of a deep playoff run.

As much as I read this forum, and follow the Rockets, I'm still not privileged to the same view as those of you at 'ground zero', so to speak. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what the mood is like in Houston.

Are there a segment of fans that have to be talked "out of panicking about a team that is currently sitting at 13-7" as this article claims?

*Disclaimer - while I write for the site that this article has been published on, I only ever post links to articles that I think will be of interest to the forum. The other article I started a thread on 'The Curious Case of Daryl Morey’s Point Guards' http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=245945 was well received which I thank you for.

2. The Jabberwock

Loved the blog site, and couldn't agree more on this topic,
    But wherevare the stats (advanced or not) to support
    this towel-carrying statement ("Do not panick")of yours? :)

3. The Jabberwock

Typos corrected (sorry):
    I loved the blog site, and couldn't agree more on this topic,
    But where are the stats (advanced or not) to support
    this towel-carrying statement ("Do not panick") of yours?

4. Remii

Remii Member

Houston fans are beyond panicking....

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Zac Lowe said it best when he said the Rockets are a much better team than people that watch them give them credit for because when they lose it's usually in the ugliest ways possible and when they win they typically blow teams out.

The Rockets fan base mindset is understandable. They quickly forget the blowouts and linger with the ugly losses.

The Rockets have their blatant weaknesses, but the most exciting thing about this team is unlike other 2nd tier contenders the Rockets still have quite a few more moves to make to complete their roster, and their stars are locked in for 3 to 5 more years. The team is already good, but there is potential and opportunity to be great longterm.

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I find that ironic because 60% of the Houston market is unable to view the Rockets on a regular basis. You probably watch more games than we here in Houston.