1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New al-Zawahri Video: House Negroes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by weslinder, Nov 19, 2008.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94I2MHO1&show_article=1

Al-Qaida No. 2 insults Obama with racial epithet

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader used a racial epithet to insult Barack Obama in a message posted Wednesday, describing the president-elect in demeaning terms that imply he does the bidding of whites.

The message appeared chiefly aimed at persuading Muslims and Arabs that Obama does not represent a change in U.S. policies. Ayman al-Zawahri said in the message, which appeared on militant Web sites, that Obama is "the direct opposite of honorable black Americans" like Malcolm X, the 1960s African-American rights leader.

In al-Qaida's first response to Obama's victory, al-Zawahri also called the president-elect—along with secretaries of state Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice—"house negroes."

Speaking in Arabic, al-Zawahri uses the term "abeed al-beit," which literally translates as "house slaves." But al-Qaida supplied English subtitles of his speech that included the translation as "house negroes."

The message also includes old footage of speeches by Malcolm X in which he explains the term, saying black slaves who worked in their white masters' house were more servile than those who worked in the fields. Malcolm X used the term to criticize black leaders he accused of not standing up to whites.

The 11-minute 23-second video features the audio message by al-Zawahri, who appears only in a still image, along with other images, including one of Obama wearing a Jewish skullcap as he meets with Jewish leaders. In his speech, al-Zawahri refers to a Nov. 5 U.S. airstrike attack in Afghanistan, meaning the video was made after that date.

Al-Zawahri said Obama's election has not changed American policies he said are aimed at oppressing Muslims and others.

"America has put on a new face, but its heart full of hate, mind drowning in greed, and spirit which spreads evil, murder, repression and despotism continue to be the same as always," the deputy of al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden said.

He said Obama's plan to shift troops to Afghanistan is doomed to failure, because Afghans will resist.

"Be aware that the dogs of Afghanistan have found the flesh of your soldiers to be delicious, so send thousands after thousands to them," he said.

Al-Zawahri did not threaten specific attacks, but warned Obama that he was "facing a Jihadi (holy war) awakening and renaissance which is shaking the pillars of the entire Islamic world; and this is the fact which you and your government and country refuse to recognize and pretend not to see."

He said Obama's victory showed Americans acknowledged that President George W. Bush's policies were a failure and that the result was an "admission of defeat in Iraq."

But Obama's professions of support for Israel during the election campaign "confirmed to the Ummah (Islamic world) that you have chosen a stance of hostility to Islam and Muslims," al-Zawahri said.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are getting scared, we have an intelligent man in the whitehouse now.

DD

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

awesome, it should put to rest all the stupid rumors, well accept maybe he's a house negro for ayers LOL

see what i did there

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is in the Whitehouse, I wonder how those caves feel?

DD

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Time for a sit-down meeting with this guy to hear his concerns.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you can do better than that, it doesn't get me riled up and its not funny

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is not aimed at you as i don't expect you to be able to respond, but that's exactly what General Petraeus did in Iraq, ironically enough, and what he urges in Afghanistan. It was front page news a few weeks ago when he called for negotiatioon wiht the Taliban.

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE497AIT20081008

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

amazing how this story flew under the radar with the wingnuts

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What a tortured opening line. For Americans at least, saying "house negro" would have been enough to communicate all that.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I gotta admit that that's kinda funny.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

ya they're running scared now. bin ladin fooled those other idiots including general petreus into thinking that Iraq is the central battlefront for the war on terror. it's not gonna work anymore.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

al qaeda is racist, too??? who knew!!!??

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i don't think its racist, derogatory yes, i do however find it very amusing that they would even be familar with the concept

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's an american/dual citizen guy who grew up here relatively high up in their chain IIRC who has the title of head american propagandist, prolly got it from him.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just hope a Hellfire missile draws a bead on the b*stard real soon.

16. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

The use of that term is interesting. It's a purely American term. I don't remember being aware of it until a few years ago, when I believe I saw a reference to it on this board and looked it up. It's curious that he would use such a regional American term that would mean very little to the Arab communities that he's said to be addressing.

I think this is definitely a sign of panic from him, however. Bush was a godsend for Al-Qaida, but Obama is a major threat. If Obama can make some gestures and take some actions early on that have a positive impact on the hearts and minds of moderates in the ME and Pakistan in particular then I think we could see a lot more people handing over information on Al-Qaida, and that could well do them in. The battle for hearts and minds was always the key, but the Bush administration was so arrogant and out of touch that they just never had a clue.

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

Adam Gadahn ran As-Sahab, Al-Queda's propaganda wing. He was rumored to have been killed by a predator air strike earlier in the year, but maybe these latest statements put those rumors to rest

link

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Terrorists and their need to make videos attempting to degrade Americans. Killing them seems to be the only way to shut them up.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know if it's racist since he is specifically reffering to a few people, not to the entire race. Still, interesting choice of topic. I can't believe these people are still alive.

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The media is stupid and absurd. why do they fall into the enemies trap and put out this kind of crap in the news in the first place?

Bin Laden's towel boy wants to go on a rant then let him buy his own network and broadcast this vile filth over there. We as Americans are above this kind hate speech and its about time we completely ignore this stuff like it doesn't affect us one bit. Watch how quickly these guys become desperate to get their 15 minutes of airtime.