1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Network dead: Fox Sports Net to carry Rockets games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2004.

1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

If this is true i am gona have to get a new dish service the one i have now DOSN'T get FOXSW. Which one should i order that does and what package will it come in (cheaper the better).

thanks

2. cyber-dave

cyber-dave Contributing Member

Is this Foxs channel able to be viewed in the NY state area with Time Warner?

3. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I live around the houston area and THANK U!

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Wasn't this regional station going to take the Rockets and Astros into the big boys of TV revenue?

How big of a blow is this to future TV revenue...the more revenue, the more you can spend on quality players.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

I highly doubt it. If you could, what purpose would NBA LEAGUE PASS have?

7. edc

edc Contributing Member

If the $20M figure is correct, they will be far better off (revenue-wise) than they would've been with the Houston-Regional-Sports-Network.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

$20Mill is correct, as of the chronicle. I just read an article about this in the Houston Chronicle on the back of the frontpage of the Sports section. I don't have a link since I read it in person on paper.

I am so happy about this deal. I hoping I can now see all the Rockets games just like I am able to see all the Astros games here in College Station.

This is going to be so good.....:)

9. jeffjwang

jeffjwang Member

10. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

No. However, TW (at least in NYC) does have 3 FCS channels (channels 452, 453, and 454) described as the following (taken from TW's site): "Fox Sports Digital Nets is three super-regional networks filled with the best sports action from Fox Sports Net's 22 regions." Technically, there IS a small chance a Rockets game could be on channel 453 (the "Central" FCS channel). Very slim chance, though. You're better off getting NBA League Pass.

(This year, however, with the Rockets on national TV so many times, I'm doing without League Pass.)

12. jherveymo

jherveymo Contributing Member

Biingo! I canceled my cable after Time Warner pulled Encore off the basic package and I realized that I was paying thirty bucks for no movie channels and a bunch of crap that was hardly better than broadcast TV. I mean, for 30 bucks a month, should you really have to put up with huge blocks of paid advertisement programming? This sucks. Reception on 51 was usually bad, but with a signal boosting antenna I was able to get it in about as clear as it was through the cable. Oh well, guess I'll have to go out to the bars to see games now.

13. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

The really god questions are:

What year does it take effect?

Will Van Chancellor be excommunicated too?

Where can I sign the Calvin Murphy Petition?

Does this mean that we will actually have a good post game show?

Will the crappy Ch.51 signal follow us to FSN?

Will JVG be our coach next year after our offense looks like crap agin even with Yoa putting up 19 ppg and 9 reb and also have the two time NBA scoring champion?

"Plase show yor love for Jackson Height's own, Mr. Randy Watson!" -- Coming To America

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Read through the thread you'll get all the answers 2 your question BUT not the last one you'll have to ask Les that question.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

im pretty sure we would only need god to answer a couple of those questions.(or Ms Cleo)

I can handle the one about the signal.....

why would it? the problem was with channel 51's crappy equipment..the Rockets have brand new production equipment when they moved into the Toybox IIRC...

think about it for a sec....if the problem was with the Rockets equipment, wouldnt the road games have been of much better quality? if the problem was on the Rockets end, why is the signal on 51 still messed up during the other hours of their programming?

sometimes I wonder if some of you have any common sense...logic people..its your friend. :rolleyes:

16. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Her is the Astros chance to sign Beltran to a deal where they can afford to keep the bulk of the rest of team intact.

No excuses now.

17. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Who is she?

18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Anyone know if i will get more games in Dallas? Sorry if this has been asked

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I am not sure, although I believe they would take a back seat to the Mavs games.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I seriously doubt it. This looks to be more of a regional thing and since Dallas also has a pro basketball team, Fox must respect territorial rights. About the only sure way to get Rockets games up here is to find a sports bar that'll carry the games or to invest in the NBA League Pass on cable or satellite TV.