1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Network dead: Fox Sports Net to carry Rockets games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2004.

1. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Probably this seaon. RSN is the Raptors Sports Network

I understand your pain, but if the Rockets got their own network, it's going to be on cable anyway. One way or another, you have to get cable if you really wants to watch the Rockets.

2. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

this is totally unfair to folks without cable. rockets will be losing A LOT of fanbase because not everybody and their mom has cable tv. rockets gotta get with upn or wb for atleast the road games like they did back in the day.

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I believe that its because CH 51 is broadcast on CH 2 of the Time Warner system. When I called Time Warner and KNWS about this they both told me that it has to do with the frequency that the signal is broadcast on...in this case CH 2 is the lowest frequency they got (I think) therefore crappy quality.

I hated KNWS, all the players were blurry, couldnt tell who is who :D

I like FSN much better. When the Astros were playing the diff. between FSN and KNWS was amazing.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

actually...since we dont normally see Rockets getting broadcast on a Raptor's network, I would imagine the RSN stands for "Regional Sports Network"...which IIRC is a catchall phrase for saying "Whatever Fox sports network is applicable"

;)

so...does this mean that we should expect to catch the ROckets on FSSW? does FSSW even still exist? I havent watched that channel since the last time the Rockets played on it so my knowledge of the various Fox sports nets may be outdated.

5. zong

zong Member

Need get a cable. Is Dish Network good for FNS?

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It is, but you have to subscribe to the package that is right above the bare-minimum package.

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Yeah the Sports Package, I believe its $4.99. You also get NBA Tv with it

8. NickC19

NickC19 Member

Do you not remember the days when ALL the games were on HSE (cable)? Although people without cable wont be getting the games, now alot of people in surrounding towns who weren't able to get channel 51 will be able to get them. Not to be rude, but I think this is MORE fair, because there are alot of us outside of Houston that physically weren't able to watch the games (because of not being offered KNWS), whereas those without cable in Houston just choose not to have it. If you want to watch bad enough, you still have the option and capabilities to subscribe to cable.

-Nick-

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I have Time Warner Digital, and I don't think that NBA TV is part of the sports Package anymore. I think it's one of the regular digital channels now.

I am getting it, and I don't have Time Warners sports package that comes with FSN across the nation.

I wonder how this affects the Astros, because I know that the Yankees and the Boston Red Sox have their own Regional Sports Network, and it pumps alot of revenue into their teams.

I would think that the Astros/Rockets network would give the Astros a boost in revenue.

But I think that last few paragraphs belong in a different forum.

10. aeroman10

You make a good point.
    Also, in addition to this, people who had cable and were paying for it had to suffer through the horrible video/audio quality of KNWS broadcasts so that wasnt fair either...Now I can enjoy the picture and the sound.

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

12. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

Astros games and Rockets games should be FREE TO THE PEOPLE OF HOUSTON

this fox sports southwest is crap

DOWN WITH CABLE

BRING ON UHF!

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I know in baseball that it's part of the regulations that you have to be able to see the game on local TV. i guess that doesn't apply to Basketball...

Remember the days of pay per view playoff games for the Rockets....talk about not fair.

14. Glish21

Glish21 Member

anyone know if college station will get the fsn games

15. omax

omax Member

Look guys, I'm sorry but you are just going
    to have to get cable. About 70-80 of the US gets it.

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

It would be nice, but there isn't enough money to go around on over-the-air TV, especially with the minor outlets like 51 and 55. The money to pay Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, and the guy who replaces Jeff Van Gundy has to come from somewhere.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sweet, I look forward to the better reception. 51 is unbearable at times.

As for the non-cable people.....No disrespect, but how can anyone these days not have cable? I thought basic cable was only around $15/month, and I'm pretty certain you get FSN included in that. I mean if you can afford a computer and monthly isp costs, how can you not afford cable? :confused:

I could be wrong on the price of basic cable, and I aplogize if I am. Didn't mean to offend anyone, I just really thought everyone had cable/sattelite these days.

18. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

I remember back in the day when I lived in Mandeville, LA I was able to follow the Rockets for the first few years when the games were being played on the Fox Sports channel, maybe it'll go back to this?

And now that I'm in Austin wanting to see Rockets games, I must say **** THE SPURS.

Can we petition for Rockets games or something? :p

19. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I'm glad to see they'll actually be on a real television station and not some local feed with a half ass reception. If you don't have cable, better make the call; i believe basic Time Warner is around 30 bucks a month.

20. aeroman10

You're pretty close on that price..
    FSN is part of the Standard Package on Time Warner Cable and it costs $27.99/month

I dont know what I would do without cable :D
    I like my Digital Cable, HBO and Road Runner.....and I am a college student so I am broke but I can still pay for cable :eek: