1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Network dead: Fox Sports Net to carry Rockets games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Props to Doc Rocket for this scoop:

The Astros-Rockets "Regional Sports" network plans are officially scrapped. The Rockets and Astros both signed with Fox Sports Net today (rumor is the deal could be up to 15 years and up to $250 million).

Apparently Fox Sports Net was adamant that Cynthia Cooper not be involved, but she will most likely continue to be involved in some way (though very little). Said to be a 14 minute halftime with 11 minutes of commercials.

This is supposed to be one of the biggest deals in NBA history. 51 may still carry a couple of games here and there when conflicts arise.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yes! This should mean a better quality camera for once. That Ch.51 signal was crap. :mad:

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats great, less of the coop, better signals and since its a FSN network league pass may actually broadcast rocket games with rocket broadcasters

4. coma

coma Contributing Member

I'm looking fwd to the better video/audio quality. I don't have an expensive HD TV to watch something that looks like it is broadcasted from the local high school.

However, what about the folks without cable? Where does that leave them?

5. lnghrn4life

lnghrn4life Member

This is AWESOME, b/c i get FSN at my dorm room at Tulane... and not KNWS or UPN, so i was thinkin i wasnt goin to get to watch any games on TV, but now this works out great

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

Not necessarily. It needs to be Fox Sports Southwest, specifically the Houston flavor.

It is too bad the numbers didn't work out. A Rockets/Astros-owned regional network could've been fun, and would've resulted in better coverage (locally, at least) for both teams.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

What kinda crap is that???

8. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

So if I have Fox Sports Southwest here in Dallas, do I gets to watch the Rockets too?

9. edc

edc Contributing Member

not on any regular basis.

10. edtsui

edtsui Member

wow this sucks for me, i went from having a crap ch 51 signal to nothing :(

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Wow...this is news..

good for me all the way around...better signal....lesss editing. ;)

kinda feel bad tho that they didnt get their own network going since that would have given them greater control on how its run.

oh well...here's to clearer Rockets games! :D

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

So is this going to kick in this year or next.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

That's good to hear. More Rockets games and less of that Cynthia Cooper. You shoulda stick to playing, Coop! :mad:

14. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

this means more home broadcasts on league pass...
    woo hoo!

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

What about us knws channel 51 viewers.... :(

16. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

NOw us non Houstonian Texans can finally watch alot more games on TV. I was pissed that all they played was mavs and spurs ball. I dont got league pass anymore so this came at a perfect time. Is it gonna be for this season????

17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

We may get some games up here. The Mavs are exclusively UPN I think this season so we may get some games. I remember seeing the Astros for a good amount of games this season and last, unless the Rangers were playing.

18. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

So, all this goes into effect for this season or next season. What I am trying to say is, are all of the games this season going to be on Fox or Ch51?

19. clove

clove Contributing Member

Just curious, what make you guys think the signal/picture quality will be better? I thought the same crew, equipment is used, they belong to the rockets, not ch.51. The only thing that's different will be the signal carrier, from ch51 to foxsp. Anyhow, that's my understanding, could be wrong though.

I just got league pass, and the picture quality is disapointing to say the least, for all the games. My camera at home could of made better pictures.

20. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

baseball games were shown on both 51 and FSN.

there was a significant difference between the two different carriers.