1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets Sign Jason Collins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

You implied being gay is "destructive behavior." Why do you consider it so?

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So nothing indicated it bothered me. Interesting.

anyways you indicated being gay is destructive when you implied it isn't reasonable to choose to be gay. Being gay is destructive for athletes for obvious reasons, ask Michael Sam's draft status, Larry Craigs politcal career, and 1980's AIDS patients.

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

just a thought here, but thousands of teens struggle every year (some committing suicide) because they are gay. don't you think if they had a choice, they would simply stop being gay and live a heterosexual life? Your idea of banning all gay people from sports is one of the most ludicrous things I have heard. Does gays affect you and the sport they play? Just like with gay marriages, how does it affect you? Just let people be happy (of course legal stuff), and the world would be better

4. Mr. Space City

ignorant people are going to be ignorant. whether it's race or religion or sexuality.

everybody should have the game opportunity to be called a trash nba player despite their sexuality. :)

5. ChievousFTFace

If you had any reading comprehension, you'd understand that I meant that it's a difficult ordeal to come out. You can deny your implications all you want but you're transparent.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Gays in sports will affect us all one day. Sooner than you think.

7. ChievousFTFace

So what about Yahweh and the annunaki?

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Let me ask all you "freedom fighters" a question. How many Nets players in that locker room do you think feel the same way i do?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Youtube entertainment.

10. Bandwagoner

Less of an ordeal which is a single experience and more of a lifestyle. I'm transparent because I answer your questions instead of just ignoring questions and moving on with some offended agenda. Like yourself.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What.

You mean being able to be comfortable/open with who you are without fear of repercussion?

Just look at how Michael Sam is being treated.

Best defensive player in the best defensive conference, and his stock has taken a massive hit all because of what he does in the privacy of his own home? Right.

Everyone talking about "wow stop with the Collin's coverage media" needs to get a grip. He's the first openly gay NBA player EVER.

Then again, lets just go back to talking about things that really matter, like your NBA mt.rushmore, how many times Dwight did the Nae Nae last night, or what burrito Lin ate at chipotle.

Things that really matter, and will help others around the world feel more comfortable in their skin, right?

12. ChievousFTFace

You're so sure that it's a lifestyle choice… I have no agenda other than I don't like bigotry. You're entitled to your opinion. So are others who find those against gays to be bigoted hate mongers clinging to a dying way of thinking.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Anyone else think Collins sounds gay?

14. Mr. Space City

michael sam's stock didn't take a hit because of his sexual preference.

15. Bandwagoner

When did I say it was a choice for all the gays? I never did because I don't believe that. I just gave you reasons why someone would choose to be gay when you implied no reasonable person would.

I think you are the one in need of reading comprehension because you have read many things I haven't stated.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If it were really a dying way of thinking, Collins wouldn't be such big news. We wouldn't be here talking about it so much.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Wow we are still fighting about Sexuality.

18. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I know, it was so much easier back then... right? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This thread shows that there's only one person who should have stayed in the closet, and it ain't Jason Collins. LOL.

20. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

• The media keeps reporting he is the first openly gay player in major American sports - am I mistaken in remembering John Amaechi (and many other athletes) as openly gay?
    • I find it interesting he signed with the Nets (again) as the owner is now Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov - I can't help but wonder if at some level it's a show of defiance against Putin.
    • I'm completely for this kind of movement but I imagine it's disruptive for a team and difficult to incorporate a gay player on a practical level. Athletes, staff, and in general people are slow to change.