1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets looking to trade for Dwight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225723/Source_Nets_Preparing_To_Pursue_Trade_For_Dwight

Not sure how legit Jarrod Rudolph is.

The Nets just won't give up on trying to get this guy.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Look for Lopez to tank his game now to avoid being traded to Minnesota. Also, how much better is Lopez compared to Pekovic? They duplicate each other position-wise.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And Pekovic, uh, "quatruplicates" Lopez' salary. And actually rebounds.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Dwightmare lives on!

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

As dumb as Khan seems to be I doubt he is stupid enough to fall for, "Yeah! You'd be way better trading away your star PF that rebounds and shoots the 3 well for a fodder in a 7 footer that rarely makes his production worth the amount of money he's paid. DO IT!!!"

:rolleyes:
    Good thinking King.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Frankenhoward.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Rudolph is Dwight's personal mouthpiece because he plays by Dan Fegan's rules. He doesn't question anything, just reports exactly what they tell him to. He's the guy Dwight gave the exclusive interview to after the "opt in" last year, and the guy who screamed from the hilltops that it was a LOCK that Dwight would be traded to Brooklyn in early July.

Basically, this is the same playbook as last year. This is Dwight's team getting the conversation started and applying the initial wave of pressure. It'll pick up more as the deadline approaches (assuming the Lakers don't start winning). Only this time, Dwight doesn't have the choice of "opting in" for an additional year and trying it again over the summer, so his team is even more desperate.

It's amazing how silly guys like Rudolph make themselves look. The "... searching for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets" clause? He might as well be saying this: the Nets know the Lakers or any competent front office wouldn't want a maxed-out Brook Lopez, so they need a team to go brain dead and give them something of substantial value (and on a cheap contract) for Lopez.

Same song, third verse.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

Yeah, Lopez on a max contract is exactly the return the T-wolves would want for Love.......

9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lucky for us that didn't happen.

A lot of Love fans in the board would start hating the Lakers even more.

10. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, here he go again.

Meanwhile I'm listening to Stephen A say that Dwight has to be traded because otherwise he's gone for nothing.

Will be interesting. I think the Lakers if they make some kind of move will rebuild on the fly. They'll have a new core to build around after the All-star game. It always works out for them in the end.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

IMHO, Love would fit and be the ideal peice that the Lakers would need to be competitive.

Would allow Pau to roam the post and play with his back to the basket, could play off Nash and Kobe well while spacing the floor from three point range, and would rebound just as well as Dwight would.

Thank God he's not a Laker.

I'd trade for him now if I were Houston, seeing that his trade value is at it's lowest possible due to injury.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This S$#% again!! Is ESPN that desperate for a story.

The Lakers would be dumb to get scared by this. Even if Dwight makes a serious plee to get out of town...which doesn't seem likely at this point, they still hold the power in the finances of Dwight. This is why Morey was so willing to trade for Dwight this Summer even if he was going to be an unrestricted free agent in the Summer.

If they keep him, and hold his bird rights... its VERY, VERY, unlikely Dwight gives up a guaranteed 30 million in salary to sign elsewhere...

Which... hint, hint ISNT goin g to happen Brooklyn in free agency. They do not have the cap space to sign him in free agency. He would have to go to a team like Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, or Cleveland to get the max. Brooklyn does not even have the ability to give the full mid level exception to an Unrestricted Free agent.

The only way this happens is if Dwight uses Dallas or Houston as a potential free agent destination next Summer, and publicly comes out to say he is planning to sign there in the Summer, but he will accept a trade to Brooklyn now instead.

I seriously doubt his agent Dan Fagan is telling him to take that risk. Because to Dwight, he can still re-sign in LA this Summer, wait 6 months, and then seek a trade once his finances are secured with that mega contract he's going to recieve.

This article, and the talking heads at ESPN bringing this crap up again, and again is pathetic.

14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

No way Minnesota does that!

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i don't think they'll take Artest

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is this a joke? Timberwolves would trade Love for Lopez? COME ON NOW. LOL.

I'm leaving a mental note that Jarrod Rudolph is an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

And I'm looking to date a supermodel.

Gotta love the Lopez-Love three-way angle, too. Makes no sense for Minnesota whatsoever, but I hey... at least it makes sense for Lakers and Nets. :)

18. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I have to agree with some of the other sentiments....why would the twolves trade kevin love for Lopez. It makes absolutely no sense.

19. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly my thinking. You know we(the Nets) don't really have any attractive pieces to trade, so we need some mystery third team to bring in an attractive piece to get the Lakers to make a trade. We don't really have anything worth a crap to offer this third team but maybe they won't realize they are getting the shaft and will give up their piece(s) for nothing.

At this point I hope I don't hear the Rockets mentioned as a destination or a third team.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Brook Lopez gets more asset treatment than any Rockets player to ever have the misfortune of being GMed by Morey. Dude is the king of trade rumors.