1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] The Umbrella Academy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by boomboom, Jan 18, 2022.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Watched season 1 in its entirety. Didn't try 2 or 3 as this show absolutely sucks.

Jontro and cwebbster like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Two Episodes in and they did the Typical
    I will have to come back to it later

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just finished S3. Very interesting approach to the finale. As with S1 and S2, I was entertained by the quirky, crazy family relationships.

If for some reason Netflix decides to go Raised By Wolves on the show, I think S3 might have tied things up neatly so that I won't be pissed forever due to a missing conclusion.

But, I do think there is more to the story. Like, is the universe part of some weird simulation.

Still my favorite show. It's a fun ride.

Rashmon and GRENDEL like this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed it even though the overall goal has been a bit repetitive in each season, the characters mention it during the season too. The characters make the show for me didn't really care for many of the Sparrow's but I could look Genesis Rodriguez all day.....

The show hasn't been renewed for season 4 as of yet but the finale could work as a series finale according to the show runner as well.....

https://www.darkhorizons.com/umbrella-academy-could-end-with-s4/

The third season of “The Umbrella Academy” launched on Netflix last week and seemed to close out in a way that could serve as an ending if needs be.

The series has yet to score a fourth season renewal, but according to showrunner Steve Blackman there’s at least one more season’s worth of stuff to explore with these characters.

He tells The Wrap he has had a four-season plan in place for a while. If they do score a renewal, he says his team’s ideas for a fourth season ‘would be a great ending for the run of the show’. Blackman says:

“I think inevitably if we got a season 4, it’s going towards an endgame. I think at a certain point, I’m not sure where we’d go after season 4. We have to be careful. My plan for next year is not to continually tread on the same ground we have before. It’s a challenge to come up with a new way to subvert this storyline, and I think we have an idea how to do that.”

Netflix has been very publicly changing strategies with its content and is quick to axe anything that isn’t a smash hit for them. Despite ‘Umbrella’ sitting on top of the Netflix Top 10 right now, there’s no guarantee a fourth run is coming until the order has been officially handed out.

boomboom likes this.
  5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Really liked season 3, maybe my favorite.

I think there is 1 more season worth of material (granted any show COULD do more than that, but I prefer the story to be completed without dragging on). While I liked the ending, I would not be satisfied with that as a series finale. There are still some questions to be answered, relationships to mend, and plot lines to explore. Another 10 episodes would be perfect imo.

GRENDEL likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They killed the black dude so early I soured on the whole season.

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's meh. It's creative in places but agonizingly slow.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Can't believe I stayed up until 2 AM and wasted time binging season 3 all in a day (that's my own fault). Was a huge fan of season 1. Thought season 2 was a bit convoluted but still good. Season 3 was just a bloated mess. There were story lines that really weren't even needed, filler episodes as if this was an anime, and the ending was, imo, really poor. The really f'ed up Allison's character arc imo.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Victor gets a scratch.

Luther: omgzzzz what happened to you? He tried to kill you!

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This was a fun scene.