1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Making a Murderer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J Sizzle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Kathleen Zellner is a media w****. She's taking shots in the dark on testing with questionable or no legal validity. Her alternative suspect theories are to just throw spaghetti against the wall and hope someone sticks. It's terrible.

The Northwestern attorneys working on Brendan's case are doing a much better job of tackling actual legal questions that could overturn his conviction. It's disappointing to me that as the season has gone on that the directors have focused more and more on Zellner/Steven Avery. There are real results in Brendan's case that you can find out from googling or watching the short bits they provide on his case.

Picking this show up for a second season in general was a big mistake. It's shocking to me the lack of self-awareness the series' directors have about the media circus they created.

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sorry I haven’t read through the thread, but is season 2 worth watching? I watched season 1 when it came out but haven’t kept up with it since.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

The first two episodes are slow. But there's new evidence and testing that's introduced by the Zellner that is very interesting. She and her team are great at breaking down and recreating the crime scene.

KingCheetah, Dgn1 and marks0223 like this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I was hesitant to start watching like everyone else. The first few episodes were a bit slow as she tried to recreate small details, but her arguments get much better as the season continues and there are some bombshells that get dropped.

Zellner's methods are definitely outside the box of Dean and Jerry. While I understand Zellner had to make Dean and Jerry look like ineffective counsel to support her push for appeals, it became more clear that Dean and Jerry were handicapped by the prosecution and investigation. The season touches on shady things in Manitowoc that made my blood boil, and the state politics as well.

It definitely gets much better, and I suggest anyone who liked season 1 to watch season 2. I felt a lot of heartbreak for Brendan's journey. It's very unfair to him.

KingCheetah, Dgn1 and marks0223 like this.
  6. marks0223

Supporting Member

Click on the tweet to see her 20 tweets...

Dgn1 likes this.
  7. marks0223

Supporting Member

8. Buck Turgidson

VooDooPope likes this.
  9. HTM

HTM Member

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

lost_elephant likes this.