1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] (He-Man) Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Kevin Smith also said before this premiered that this "is He-Man's story". Guess he lied.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's quite a revelation.

DreamShook likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm watching it right now, he lied big time.. It's not even that bad, I'm enjoying the world building they are doing. he never should even put He-Man in the promotional stuff if this is where they were trying to go. I dont even understand why he would want to make a cartoon about Teela..

This story would have been good maybe as a season 3 when we had some seasons with He-man...

Also why when elevating women do these writers find the need to emasculate all the men? I don't remember Man-At-Arms being such a b**** and Beastman being Evil-Lyns servant. Is it that hard to write women contributing just as much as the men?

#23 DreamShook, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Daddy like Teela.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well, this is only part 1. I hope this can survive until maybe this can be redeemed in other parts

Rocket River likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Masters of the Bator

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have seen several opinions like this
    They are all saying . . . IT IS NOT A BAD CARTOON OR SERIES
    BUT
    They feel like they were baited and switched
    They just feel like the creative team tried to fool them and screaming. . GOTCHA B!TCH in their faces

The elevation of women by devaluing men is weak story telling
    A woman doing badass kung fu and kicking some men's asses is empowering
    A woman doing half ass kung fu while the men stand in a line to get kicked then having them fly like they were hit by a cannon . .. is weak

Rocket River

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kevin Smith messed up so badly, the loudest people in the room won't admit it was a fine cartoon and won't give it a chance to dig out of this quagmire. We are never going to get a proper action cartoon reboot again, man. Im always really shocked how many people are avid He-Man fans.

people out here going crazy. the original is still out there plus the underrated 2000 reboot.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I need to find the 2002 Reboot

Rocket River

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea . . .. and then that happened. . .

Rocket River

Yung-T and DreamShook like this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Watched it, and I thought it was great. Tons of characters and toys that I still want!

TimDuncanDonaut and DreamShook like this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

OMFG this is so lame. No wonder why Gen X sucks so much.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The backlash online is kind of crazy. I agree with a lot of it, but because the right wing nuts have grafted on to it and making money off it, it's making the hate feel really excessive. Kevin Smith not doing himself any favors though.. all for 5 episodes? smh..

YouTube's Al G. Rhythm suggesting a lot of wonky things just because im curious watching all these He-Man hate videos.

16. TimDuncanDonaut

I enjoyed the episodes. Wasn't too big into the HeMan mythos, but liked what I saw. A chance to build up the supporting cast

Maybe next season; more HeMan and Skeletor.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Still trying to figure out why this property is so beloved by people especially right wingers. The original is so wacky and there was so much gay subtext in the show they seem to be missing or forgetting. I think you can enjoy the show for what it is not being close to the He-Man Fandom. I just like action cartoons so I'm good, but other people are wildn online to every video with Kevin Smith in it.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Right wingers to need to chill with the culture appropriation. He-man was part of lot of people's childhood. The extreme right took Pepe the frog. They took the A-OK hand gesture, which everyone used to be able to freely use without it being perverse.

Trying to take HeMan? hell naw. Skeletor life affirmation memes is for everyone, leave politics out of it please.

dmenacela and DreamShook like this.
  19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched all 5 episodes yesterday, it was good IMO. I can see why people are yelling bait and switch but honestly it didn't bother me much, I was never a huge He-Man fan but I thought it was pretty well done with some nice twist, I'll be curious to see what the full story is though...

So far, I don't think it's better than the 2002 reboot which was very well done.

First three episodes, probably more, are on youtube....

DreamShook and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe they think the name “He-Man” implies a celebration of the masculine, and so they resent promoting female characters?

Rocket River, Entropy and DreamShook like this.