1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel vs Bynum vs dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11champs, Jul 28, 2012.

1. rockets11champs

I Have been thinking and wondering we could tank this year and draft nerlens Noel he seems to be a good center and the prize of the 2013 draft we can have him and possibly another really good role player from next years draft from torontos pick as well. If we dot like any one with our second lottery we can trade for iguodala/love type player with our assets. We could become a thunder like team this way and become contenders for a long period of time. I have been wondering would a line up of
    C Noel
    PF montiejunas
    Sf parsons
    SG lamb
    Pg Lin
    We could also trade for Bynum with our depth bynum we could trade for and instantly be contenders for the bottom playoff spots.

Or we could trade for Dwight and contend for one year.
    Personally I wouldn't mind to suffer for one year draft nerlens Noel the prize and instantly contend for a number of years

2. rockets11champs

We could also look at Cody zeller

3. smr6

smr6 Member

Having the worst record doesn't guarantee the #1 pick. However getting a top 3 pick ensures us one of either Noel, Muhammed, or Zeller.

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Yea I rather Zeller. Zeller is waaaaay more polished offensively.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What a revolutionary idea

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This is the only year I've ever wanted to stick to the young guns and tank. We're literally garunteed a center in the top 3.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I want wiggins! That's who I'd tank for in 2014!

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Short of landing D12 or Bynum we will very likely be in the running for Noel, Shabaaz or Zeller.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Even IF Noels becomes a dominant pivot in the NBA, it is going to take him 4-6 years to get there and for Dwight to decay enough for Noels to surpass him. That's the law of age and experience. If you want to go to the lottery for another 2-3 years in a row, then tank and draft Noels and rebuild.

Les simply isn't wired that way. Accept it. We are going to trade for Dwight and compete for a championship....this coming season.

10. 713

713 Member

2013 draft is a bunch of role players and busts.. 2014 is where we might have some all stars in Wiggins, Randle, Parker.

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

..then santa clause will come and fill our stockings and the easter bunny will leave us some solid gold eggs,while visions of sugar plums dance through our heads

12. jopatmc

I didn't say we were going to win. I said we are going to compete. If you think we are tanking and going after guys like Noels and Shabazz then you're the one with visioins of sugar plums dancing in your head.

13. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Cody Zeller's definitely the prize of next summer's draft... if he even comes out. Indiana's going to be a force for the next 2-3 years, with or without him. They're incoming class is stacked, and Zeller may want to stick around and compete for a couple of NCAA crowns.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

While we may foolishly trade for Dwight we WILL NOT be competing for a championship. Sorry to burst your bubble.

15. jopatmc

We'll be a top 4 seed in the West. You'll see.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

2013 certainly is not as deep of a draft as 2012 but there are going to be at least 3 or 4 really nice players, Noel, Shabaaz (sp?) and Zeller. The rest of the draft may suck but I think those three will be really good.

17. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

We're really not. This team won't win as much as last year, but we're not going to be one of the league's bottom-feeders. Compare to the squad that finished with a winning record last year:

Parsons and Martin are back. Parsons will be a bit better, Martin will be a bit worse. Lin will perform comparably to Dragic, Asik will probably be better than Dalembert or Camby, and Patterson will be worse than Scola on offense and better on defense.

Lee and Bud were better off the bench than Morris and Lamb, respectively, but the delta is not that great. We'll probably win in the mid to high 30s unless we have a significant injury. We're just not going to be down there with the Bobcats of the world.

That being the case, I'd rather we put our best lineup on the floor, try to make the playoffs, and prove to Howard that we're a good place for him to spend the next phase of his career.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Anyone who thinks we are gonna stink this year and get a top 5 pick is really, really deluded. We might not make the playoffs but there is a chance we do. We are closer to picking 14th again with this roster than we are to picking top 5.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'll split it in the middle with you 9-10

20. ClKent

ClKent Member

The simple answer should be whoever is likeliest to stay as the building block of this organization. From what I take being on clutchfans for a short time is that fans struggle with that part of it. To me the sure thing is the way to go and that seems so clear to me I cant see why its such a struggle to others.