1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Nerlens Noel traded to Dallas for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut, first round pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know. It sounds like "a 1st round pick this year" is just there to fleece Colangelo.

It's like telling a kid, "Give me the 5 bucks in your pockets and I'll treat you for a steak dinner IF the sun doesn't go down by 11 PM tonight. Just in case that doesn't happen, I'll give you a couple of M&M instead."

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How does Mornee not jump at a deal like this? KJ, Gentile and 2-2nds wouldve been a better haul for them. I really hate that phallus got him and we couldve topped their offer. This was a stone cold fleecing.

D-rock likes this.
  3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

You have an obsession on holic like Tinman has one for Lin

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Oh no.

Von Rafer likes this.
  6. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Welp, crown they ass

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Barnes and Noel are good young pieces to build around. Mavs will match

9. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

So how do you think we would go about matching Noel in restricted free agency next year?

10. donkeypunch

Well, we're currently under the cap at the moment and a little birdie whispered in my ear that the cap is going to rise next year (gasps). We have pretty easy contracts to get rid of if we had to, we have mornee and money to spend.

Im not the savviest about the cap but it seems pretty straightforward. You just kinda write a check. He would also make for a great asset if we were to go that route via sign and trade.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

From what I understand Noel has some character issues, it probably scared the Rox away esp. since Capela is the same as Noel and developing nicely.

Noel Height- 6'10
    Noel wingspan - 7'3.75
    Noel Standing Reach- 9'2
    Capela Height-6'9.5
    Capela Wingspan-7'4.5
    Capela Standing reach -9'2.5

Capela has equal or better measurements than Noel so while I'm sad that Noel was acquired for basically hot garbage it's not worth it to get him because we have a better version in Capela. At least Capela doesn't have health issues, has already proven to have chemistry with Harden and we all know he's not a head case.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well to be honest the Cap is gonna be 100M, it's not like Cuban has all these FAs lining up to sign with Dallas he only has Barnes as a piece it's not enough to attract people. At least now he has the C and PF locked up maybe he can look int he market for a big time wing.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think Morey may have made the trade if capela wasn't as established and/or noel wasn't frustrated about his minutes and role.

We need to shore up our center spot, not add another malcontent.

14. Granville

Granville Member

For all anyone knows, Noel could be Stromile Swift part 2.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They said some negative things about Hassan Whiteside as well. Big guys need more time to develop..... Dirk will be a skeleton by then.

16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

thank you phily to taking bogut, please keep him so that he doesn't come to Houston, and thank you Mavs for taking Noel so that he doens't come to Houston, don't want those guys, we only want Embid

17. H-Town Rockets Guy

I don't understand what Philly achieved thru this trade. They basically gave away Noel for trash. Conditional First Round Pick (1-18 protected this year...means Dallas will be picking top 18 for sure this year, therefore, no picks coming to Philly. Bogut will be bought out by Philly, so only thing Philly actually gained is Justin Anderson..Smh
    Dallas clearly got a good defensive center who is really young and has upside

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There are questions about Noel, but it's definitely not fair to him to throw names like Stromile Swift or even Hassan Whiteside around.

1) He doesn't have a work ethic problem
    2) He doesn't struggle to understand NBA sets

The only reason any one criticizes him right now on character is because he complained about playing time. Not saying that's a GOOD thing, but being unhappy about a weird rotation is not the same thing as being ineffective because you can't understand what your coaches want.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

So, if we all agree that it took only hot garbage to acquire him, why the hell didnt we? It wouldve cost us nothing and we wouldve had major frontcourt depth for the playoff run even if he isnt as good as Capela. We're still fairly small upfront and are putting are hopes on Dohgut to sign with us when there are other contenders lurking? This move shouldve have been made.

I hate phallus as much as my next fellow Houston fan but to try to rationalize that phallus didnt steal this guy is absurd.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Still pisses me off the Mavs didn't have to fork over a 1st round pick for Noel. What a crap trade for the 76ers.

Kendrick Lamar and heypartner like this.