1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel tears ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by kissOFdeath95, Feb 13, 2013.

1. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

Ouch...

Could he slip next year?

Us at 16 :)

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Houston's isn't picking in the first round this year if they make the playoffs. (Squid trade). I believe the pick is now in Atlanta's hand after the Johnson trade.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dear Nerlens - SO SORRRYYYYYYYYY...that our paychecks will be that much smaller! But look on the bright side, you're a STUDENT-Athlete

love, NCAA

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Do you really think he's going to make himself eligible for the draft? :rolleyes:

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

2014 Draft just got even better.

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

He should wait for 2014 draft. Best draft ever since 1984.

7. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

any team would take a risk on him and draft him in the mid first round... maybe as early as pick 12-13

i declare for the draft if i were him

8. SamFisher

Why? What if he comes back and sucks, or gets hurt again?

He'll still be a lotto pick injured. Declare now, sign the contract, GET PAID.

The end.

9. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Kyrie did it.. and still got 1st overall

10. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

A little different situation though. Kyrie did not tear his knee. Kyrie was able to come back for the NCAA Tourney and go through all the pre draft stuff. With an ACL tear this late there is no chance Neol will be in the tourney or even participate in offseason pre draft stuff. He would also miss all of training camp, exhibition and probably the 1st 2 months of the 2013-14 season.

If I were Neol, I would stay in school and target early 2014 as a return date. That way he can show teams that he is healthy and can play.

11. Asian Sensation

Somebody will take him in the top 5 based off of his "potential" alone. I'm not a fan of drafting based off of potential but this guy is oozing with it and if there's any player you take a chance on it would be him. UK already has his replacements in place for next year and I just can't see him sticking around regardless of him being a freshman or not.

He has more to lose by sticking around. If I were him I'd be eager to rehab, get drafted, learn the ropes of the NBA and work my way up through the D-league.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

He'll definitely get drafted early. Not sure about top 5. Cousins fell to 5, Drummond to 9, and after Oden teams might be skeptical about big guys with injury problems. Not saying that I wouldn't draft him, but I could understand a little why a team wouldn't.

He probably won't fall out of the top 10 though. My money is on the Suns taking him, since they won't need him to contribute right away (with Gortat on the team) and they have a renowned rehab system. Plus, they have two potential lotto picks, and might be able to trade up.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If he enters (he should), he will still be a lotto pick. I'm envisioning him falling to the ever so eager OKC Thunder sitting pretty with that Toronto pick.

He'd be a steal that far back. I just see the fates coming together that way.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Oh lord. Please don't even joke about that. A frontcourt of Perkins, Ibaka, and Noel will be impossible to score on.

15. SamFisher

No way he falls out of the top 5 and the Toronto pick won't be that high.