1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nene is back at square one in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am more pissed because of that smug attitude..... We got some aces up our sleeves.... well, NBA doesn't want to face us.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is "Lauren," Nene's SO?

Edit: Wikipedia says it is. What a terrible situation. I hope this gets resolved soon.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought Mauren - Mauri

Gorki likes this.
  5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks!! I totally get that, it almost sounds like Morey and or Leslie was trying to be clever so they wouldn't need to pay more. If we seriously lose Nene over this, I hope our front office gets ripped a new one by the media for years to come!!!

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Man, promise to put that man on after retirement Heat style. Get him a Chinese shoe deal. Etc.

7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

How long will Nene give the Rockets the chance to make a new deal before he starts earnestly considering other teams' offer?

8. anchel

anchel Member

Dont know what teams would be willing to pay Nene. And give him more than a year. Maybe Sixers, Lakers, teams at rebuilding who want a veteran to help the puppies. I see every playoff team with the center position already covered and /or without cap space... And even the non-playoff teams.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Can't Harden give a little of his money to Nene? Restructure a contract or something. This is pocket change for Harden.

Gorki and elmotsangtt like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So why is Nene so angry?
    From my understanding it's not like the Rockets have deliberately done this to toy with him.
    It was a legitimate mistake (granted.. one that should never, ever have happened)

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not saying BJ Armstrong wasn't at fault but it reminds me of the DMo situation where Mauri wanted to lock this deal by forcing him pass the physical right at the moment.

I know those guys act in the interest of the organization but sometimes you got to have faith in players. We are never going to rebuild the right way, at least now. Let's give the veterans their money.

12. mockster

mockster Member

When you make millions at 35 and you get sad over a miscalculation

First world problems lol

Vivi likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sometimes you feel mistrusted because the management probably promised 4 years but could not give 4 years.

I can't understand it either but I know the feeling when you feel you are being lowballed or it is a trick.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. In big business, nearly everything is relative to the new fiscal year. It's just an honest mistake, and it happens. I would've thought the same thing. Brand-new CBA, too. Both sides are justified in being upset, but not at the other. Just a tough situation.

joshuaao, craguin, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

I mean it is what it is, they obviously tried and messed up. Rockets obviously had the intent

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

You really think with Morey's history and Leslie's ways that they wouldn't try anything they can to save a little money and put them in the best position to improve the roster? I can

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

After thinking about this, I bet the main reason he is mad is because this means he has to seek deals after teams have committed a lot of their money already. Maybe he feels like it's not fair he waited and now because of an error he has to operate at a disadvantage.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The rule interpretation is slapstick be focused on. It's clear that the rule isn't clear cut and dry and leaves a door for interpretation.

We are in the new 2017-18 cba year/season currently, but they are ruling the beginning of games is the cut off age limit.

It's probably a loop hole that Morey and company found and thought they could exploit but got shutdown.

Probably got shutdown because of the recent "tampering" allegations and Morey doing some pioneer type moves with the NGs.

The front office was like, Nah chill.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

No. They weren't trying to sneak one past Nene. That makes no sense. He would obviously know what his contract was when it came time to sign it. This wasn't malicious. It was probably irresponsible. Yes they were trying to save money and sign him to a 4 year deal with less money per year. I still don't see how it's not resolvable unless the money he wants isn't there anymore.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well, the money isn't there anymore unless Tucker deal turns into a S&T or we unload Ryan and have more up our sleeves. Don't know if Nene will wait around for that, he already lost time.