1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nelly Vs. ESPN First Take Round 2 [Video]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketman03, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Lock if posted.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jfwp2mBZCUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

We just drafted Yao Ming!!!

3. 10010001

10010001 Member

Ugh. That was annoying to watch. I can't believe I made it through the whole video!
    18m31s of bull****. What a waste of time.
    DO NOT RECOMMEND!

4. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I actually find Nelly very entertaining. Worth a watch imo.

5. SK34

SK34 Member

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Nelly should work for ESPN/Fox Sports. He's entertaining.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Nelly is awesome, very entertaining.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Nelly Knows BBall

9. Granville

Granville Member

I thought Nelly did the best expressing his views on that particular subject.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the other vid earlier in the summer was good, the whole crew got salty lol

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nelly and that girl beefing is funny as hell.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You know Dwight Howard is watching this. Howard is such an emotional personality. I got to believe this motivates him even more to win. He wants numbers but he wants victories even more.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah I thought so too. But the point that they kept missing is Dwight would have stayed in LA if only Buss would have turned the team over to him. And maybe Nelly out of respect for Howard wasn't going to say that this time around but he certainly eluded to it the last time. The fact is Kobe is not the player and he wasn't the player last year. he shoots entirely too much and plays D only for spots. Howard isn't going to win any championships with a ball hogging Kobe. The best thing that Nash and Howard brought to the Lakers Kobe took away. They did not play inside out with Howard and did not allow Nash to facilitate the offense.

The Lakers with Kobe will never win another championship and all Howard wanted to know was what were going to do to build a winning team around him and what was the exit strategy for Kobe. And all he heard was D'Antoni was not going anywhere and Kobe was going to be around for a while. They actually answered that early on when Dwight requested Phil and Kobe got D'Antoni. But even then Dwight was open to the possibility of things getting better. But clearly Kobe wasn't. Kobe ran Shaq out and he ran Howard out. Jerry Buss was right to choose Kobe over Shaq. Jim Buss was stupid to choose Kobe over Howard.

I will bet money the Lakers do not make it to the finals before the Rockets do. Not signing Howard is a big setback. And Nelly was right on that. If players think they can win a championship with Kobe they will line up. I guarantee Lebron, Wade and or even Anthony will NOT be signing for LA this offseason. The best they can hope for is a kevin Love down the road and he is not the answer.

#13 Old Man Rock, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  14. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Can't stand the girl. Bitter throughout the entire deal. Annoying as can be!!

15. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

I can't stand the girl Cari Champion, whenever something negative is said toward Kobe or the Lakers, she gets a bi**hy attitude

16. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

I honestly feel like Cary is sleeping with Kobe because she is waaaaaaay too emotionally invested in that dude. I think she's had a couple of interviews with Kobe's black mamba lmao!!!

I agree nelly should be a regular I loved how he checked everybody

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol she's just an pro lakers emotional female. Lakers are done I can't till we play them on the 7th and humiliate them on national tv.

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Great post, Old Man ... I cannot give you anymore rep points, sorry.

In essence, I agree with you almost 95%, though I actually think the Lakers are in a good position to become a title contender with Kobe over the next few seasons. Biggest problem standing in the way ... Kobe Bryant. He'd have to settle for being 2nd fiddle, again or understand that team is trying to bring in or draft an upcoming NBA star without any resistance ... while not asking for a mega $30+ MM contract that's going to put the team back into salary cap hell, again.

The Lakers almost in a perfect draft range, this year to get a really talented player out of college ... top 5-12 pick in a deep first round draft, while you can also grab a free agent or two, next summer (maybe another draft pick). 3 -4 possible impact players for 2014 ... not necessarily Melo, LeBron, or George, while possibly keeping Gasol. When you have Kobe as your #1 or #2, you really don't need much more.

For right now, you see players, like Greg Monroe, Ed Davis, LaMarcus Aldridge (maybe), Kevin Love (if the T-wolves fall out of this thing fast, you may see him get moved), Chandler Parsons, Andrew Bogut, Chris Bosh, Kyle Lowry, Rudy Gay, Grievis Vasquez, Larry Sanders, Luol Deng, and Danny Granger [omitted LeBron, Wade, Melo, doubt either of them are leaving their respective teams].

You know the owner/GM are thinking long and hard about trying to build a win now team for 2013 just to reach the playoffs or a team that is going to be strong and closer to a title contender for the future.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

On a good note for the lakers, there chemistry looks good in the preseason. Good ball movement.