1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Neighbor steals my mom's cat and gloats about it.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Okay so it starts when her neighbor's daughter brings home a cat about a year ago. She keeps him outside and feeds him every now and then. It's enough food and water but it's a little borderline. Well the daughter moves out not taking the cat with her for about 10 months before she comes back home to her mom. In that time span her mother never fed or put any water out for the cat.

Well, my mom who is an animal lover and she has always taking care of cats and dogs. She even rescued a baby blue jay and a raccoon when I was a kid. She lives outside of a small town. This cat finds its way over to her place where she has a couple of other cats that she feeds outside. At first she was like, "dammit, another mouth to feed..." but in her heart she was like, "it's okay kitty, you got a home here if you want it..." The cat stayed and she took care of him. He started getting into fights because he wasn't fixed and was wandering so she took him to the vet to get his shots and have him fixed.

The cat stays at her place for a year with her feeding, watering, vet bills and of course loving it. The cat would come out from a bush when he saw her and walk next to her where ever she went. He would walk next to her everywhere even to her closest neighbor in the other direction which was about 100 yards out and sit there until she came back.

Well, the daughter moves back and after a couple of months she decides to come over into her yard, pick the cat up, throw him in a box and give him to some guy in a car who drove off. She admits it but will not give up who she gave him to.

She called the Constable and he came out, talked to the girl and pretty much told her this is not a game and is very serious. She admitted to it and would not give any info. She said they open the door and the cat ran out....

The Constable said he is not going to let my mom down and that the daughter will be sitting in jail by Tuesday. I'm just afraid they are going to do something else to try and hurt her afterwards. They have already started and she hasn't even been arrested yet.

My mom was sitting outside enjoying this new cool weather when the daughter and her family came home, when they open their door one of them said, "Here kitty kitty..." and then started to laugh. I'm asking that they all be CTW (CRIMINAL TRESPASS WARNING) but not sure if that will happen to all of them. The daughter is 18 btw.

I'm buying some cameras to put outside her house. Hopefully within the next day or two. Any recommendations?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Blatz, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Don't fully know what the law allows you to do but I'm sure you can get some more people or organizations involved. As for your mom i wouldn't worry about them hurting her.

3. Blatz

I'm worried about them hurting her emotionally. They seem to do things just out of spite.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If more harassment comes then you have the right to report them to the law.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Hope the cops come through for her . Beautiful cat and you can tell it was well taken care of . Never been much of a cat guy but once they come around it's easy to get attached . This one showed up at my house about a month ago . Was near starvation so I couldn't resist feeding it .

[​IMG]

6. Blatz

Yeah, I've called the local Constable that's handling the case the second I heard about what they did to mock her. He said the obvious you know, don't let it get to you, that's what they want to do and to just stay calm and let the process work.

I understand but it's just hard knowing that they are doing everything they can just to hurt her and I can't do anything but wait.

7. Blatz

That's a pretty kitty. It is easy to get attached. I've been a sucker for a couple myself even though I consider myself a dog person.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Has the Constable clarified there was a clear transfer of pet ownership?

9. jocar

jocar Member

Pay frequent visits to your mom and appear mentally unstable to her neighbors. Or voice your concern to the Constable, he seems like a nice guy and will probably give yall the best advice.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Make it an indoor cat

11. Buck Turgidson

Are you sure she took it?

[​IMG]

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Get a pitbull. The neighbors won't **** with a pitbull. Then again, it might eat the cats... But that's killing two birds with one stone.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Outside cats live much shorter lives.

Good luck getting it back.

DD

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Literally killing birds, cats, etc...

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Put their info and your story on 4chan. They will change their tune real quick

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

how did cats survive for however many thousands of years without humans caring for them as pets?

#16 bigtexxx, Sep 22, 2013
  17. Buck Turgidson

In other cat related news, my mom just called & wants me to come rescue the cat that's been stuck under her tahoe since yesterday. Any suggestions of the non-Charlie Kelly variety?

18. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Lasers and switchblades.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If someone did that to my cat I would literally shoot them. Probably multiple times.

No hyperbole. Not kidding. Totally serious.

People who enjoy inflicting emotional distress on others should be culled from the herd for the good of the herd.

#19 Ottomaton, Sep 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. AXG

AXG Member

Something similar happened to my mom last week. A neighbor across the street took my mom's cat. The next-door neighbor saw it and told her about it. My mom asked I help get it back, but I guess they let it go. I found it under her truck.