1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Need to lose some weight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tharges, Apr 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

how does everyone here who posted about mainly drinking water go about it? did you buy a container that holds about the amount you want. then just make sure you finish it all everyday? you use a standard water bottle and fill it up numerous times throughout the day? i've tried a couple times to just going strictly water, but have been unsuccessful

2. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I usually just buy a gallon of water and reuse that container over and over and over again.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I use this container. Fill it up in the mornings and have it with me as much as possible throughout the day. Basically i try to drink more earlier than later. don't want to play catch up.
    [​IMG]

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I use a standard water bottle and fill it up numerous times.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Do insanity.
    45 minutes a day, 6 days a week.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

If you are too lazy or don't have the time to exercise, do the South Beach Diet. Works like a charm in about 3-4 weeks. Basically you are cutting out sugars

7. SunsRocketsfan

Binge and purge my friend

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

no sugar, 5 calories per serving

9. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

hmm no sugar? thats nice, will look into. thanks

EDIT: just read crystal light is sweetened with aspartame, isnt that the crap thats in diet sodas?

whats everyone think of crystal light?

#49 FlyerFanatic, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Crystal Light's good when you want a bit of flavor/salt - you're best sticking with straight water though.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It is seriously just math. Eat less calories than you burn in a day and you will lose weight. Every 3500 calories you are negative, you lose 1 lb.

Start counting calories, you'll probably be surprised at how many you are consuming, especially if you drink lots of calories.

I started eating healthier a few years ago. I still ATE a LOT, just healthy stuff with low calories (you can basically eat all the vegetables you want). Mounds of veggies...tons of veggies...with lean chicken or fish. I dialed my intake of calories to between 1600 and 1800 a day and started light exercise, mostly walking with my wife a couple miles (200 calories off) and riding an exercise bike for 20 - 30 minutes (200-300 calories).

I lost 30 lbs. in about 10 weeks and have never felt better in my life. Not only did I gain a lot of energy from the moderate exercise, but losing all that weight made me feel really good. Also, by eating healthy, I got rid of a bunch of stomach/digestive issues.

Its not a restrictive diet. Its a lifestyle change.

PS: I still go out for nice dinners or splurge on terrible food from time to time. Just not that often.

1 person likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not that simple, calories in and calories out are not independent variables

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hHMauEPbcH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Detoxing from sugar can be a b****. But...it's your best bet for sustained weight loss. If your diet currently includes a lot of added sugars - sodas, candy, breads/chips/cookies/crackers and fast food, you are likely addicted to sugar. Breaking your addiction often has all the unpleasantness of any drug withdrawal, but when you do break the habit, and your body stops craving sugar, it will become incredibly easy to maintain a healthy weight.

For a lot of people, when they try to cut back or eliminate sugar, get too discouraged a day or two into it, because they feel so sh**ty without sugar and end up falling back into old habits. I know some people don't like cold turkey, but if you stick to it for a set amount of time it's a proven way to get out of the sugar habit.

Someone mentioned the South Beach Diet. There's another good diet guideline called the "17 Day Diet" - starts you out with 17 days of eating low carb (protein, veggies, yogurt, fruit) and then in the subsequent 17 day cycles, introduce healthy grains, starches, beans and more types of meats/veggies. When you reach your weight goal, the maintenance program includes continuing the low carb, low fat diet during the week and then eating what you want on the weekends.

It's a good program for people who don't like counting calories, and who want quick results, but ULTIMATELY want to develop a clean-eating way of life. If you hate fish and/or vegetables it might be tough. But it's an awesome way to detox from sugar, reset your system and start appreciating the taste of unprocessed food.

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i'm looking at crystal light, if the suggestion is to get about a gallon of water everyday, and i wanted to mix crystal light into the gallon each day, it would take like 8 of the on go packets (17 fl oz each) wouldnt it? thats like 1 box they're sold in thats crazy. granted the boxes are only like 2 bucks but dang..

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

More of this:
    [​IMG]

Less of this:
    http://bluestatebbq.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/bacon-cheeseburger.jpg

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

sob..

17. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Grab some MDMA, and head over to the nearest place that has pretty lights, and music.

[​IMG]

18. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

The water is easy, I bring a 34 oz mug to work, and I drink the rest at home . The key for me is I have to have ice. Like others and I have said, you have to change your lifestyle to lose weight and keep it off.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

well, you'd buy the small tubs of Crystal Light that make the gallon. I guarantee you it would be too concentrated, though. Same with the on the go packets you're talking about. in fact, if i'm not mistaken, there are two servings per packet, so you shouldn't be using the whole thing in one 16.9 fl oz bottle. it's too strong when you use the whole thing anyways.

20. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

What? Why cant you just drink water? Its tough to get used to for a day or two but so much better than any kind of flavor sweetener.
    Is it really that hard to fill your glass up with water or ask for water at restuarants. Dont worry about the amount you are drinking.