1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need to lose some weight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tharges, Apr 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tharges

tharges Member

I need to lose some weight guys but tired of the yo yo diets, anybody have the secret to losing weight fast and effectively. Tips, ideas, anything proven that can help? Im reaching out to my fellow forum guys for helpful advice. My biggest issue is i dont eat all day and really only eat dinner and just cant seem to lose. I am limited to exercise because of a herniated disc that flares up on me. Any good advice i would appreciate.

2. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

you answered your own question there, do not eat 6 hours prior to sleep

sleeping on a full stomach feels good, but it's what sumo wrestlers do, try to avoid it, especially when you are sedentary

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

uhh your biggest issue is eating once a day. your body thinks you are starving/food is rare so whatever you do it will go straight to storage a/k/a FAT. i bet you feel like **** all the time.

eat more meals at least 4 moderate portions. cut cheap carbs (white/yellow food pastas/bread) eat as much good carbs (vegetables) as you want. mix in some fruit and protein.
    most of all drink only water.

its really not rocket science and some quick google searching would have given you the answer. good luck :)

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Starvation works.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is bro science. You can eat one meal a day if you want its all about calories in vs calories out.

7. tharges

tharges Member

The advice you get here is second to none and i really appreciate it, i dont no the reason why i just have no desire to eat in the morning and dont really get hungry until like 4 or 5.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm down 35 lbs this year by just counting calories. I plan to lose 100 this year Use my fitness pay on your smart phone.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Six bloody hours before sleep? So you eat at 6 and go to bed at midnight or something?

That's ridiculous

10. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

there is no such thing as loosing weight fast.

you need a combination of good diet, exercise, and time.

11. raj87

raj87 Member

Purchase a rowing machine. Row 6 days a week, at 40 minutes per session. Rowing burns calories efficiently, and works almost every muscle in your body.

This, along with conforming your diet to DOMINATOR's ways, will have you svelte in no time.

12. jboslett

jboslett Member

I second this. Eating something sensible, like a banana and a glass of milk, will help you lose weight, not the other way around. It's the same principle as eating once a day, your body reacts to it as if you're starving and essentially makes your metabolism plummet.

This type of diet promotes fat storage and muscle wasting, the opposite of what you want to maintain a healthy weight. Without knowing much about working out with a herniated disc, though, I can't offer a whole lot of advice. If you can do light calisthenics and easy lifts like bicep curls, that would be a good start.

13. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Read up on nutrition and create daily meal plans. Drop all the soda and juices and stick to mostly water and some tea. Eating right will help a lot, whether you exercise or not.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

raise metabolism by eating breakfast everyday.

16. aghast

aghast Member

What about swimming laps, as exercise? Would the water buoyancy, non-impact nature of swimming sufficiently lessen the strain on your back?

Would also build some muscle, which would help to burn calories.

17. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I have some experience on this. In January of 2011, I weighed 285 lbs. By August I was down to 165, and ran a half marathon in November. It's not a diet, you have to change your lifestyle. Always eat a good, breakfast, mine is cereal with almond milk., mid morning snack, healthy lunch and I always eat supper by 6. I learned to enjoy vegetables, and eat wheat bread and wheat tortillas. And anything cardio, from running to walking, that was a big key for me to lose and maintain.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Reduce sugar intake. Like soda's, juices, candy, sweets and the likes.

19. tharges

tharges Member

This is why i love this forum, its like having a second family. Thank you all for the advice and links.

1 person likes this.