1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need somewhere to vent...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by egr281, Jan 17, 2014.

1. egr281

egr281 Member

Hey clutchfans i know this is probably not the right place but i need somewhere to vent. Yesterday me and my wife who was 12 weeks pregnant found out that we had a miscarriage, i was devastated and still am. We have had 1 other miscarriage before our 2 year old son was born and we did everything we could to make this pregnacy go well we waited for her body to heal and for the docs to test her body and tell her she was ok to have another baby. I dont know what else we could have done i was really looking forward to another child and now i dont know if i will ever want another one. Sorry guys i just didnt know where else to say this. :(

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I am sorry for your loss. Keep the faith. My son and his wife had a couple of miscarriages and possibly a third, but they have 3 happy healthy kids now. Take care.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

:(. that's all i got.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sorry man. Be strong for your wife, she's gonna need you to keep her positive

5. egr281

egr281 Member

My wife is crushed, they are prepping her for surgery right now. Its hard for me to show my devastation ive never been good with being emotional or showing how i feel, so i am just trying to comfort her the most i can and reassure her that everything will be ok.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

For as long as she's emotionally comfortable with it and medically safe, I would say keep trying.

7. egr281

egr281 Member

I am going to leave it up to her, because it is her body and she has gone through alot.

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

We had one after our second kid, but were able to have a third kid within the year. Keep trying, it's worth it.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't even imagine. Very sorry and hope it works out how y'all want it to. :(

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's a sad situation all around, and I feel like if you said you did everything possible, it could be done again.

I don't understand why you say you "dont know if [you] will ever want another one"... I think you DO, but aren't sure if it's the right thing. Of course you should... but only if everyone is good health wise and mentally wise.

At this juncture, concentrate on the child you have NOW and don't try for another child until a few months or so AFTER everyone is cool with their physical and mental health. :cool: Don't make decisions while upset, man.

Be good. Support your lady and your family.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

my wife miscarried at 13 weeks before our 2 children were born. so sorry for your loss.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

damn sorry man. my mom and 2 of my sisters went through miscarriages. I don't think you ever forget but time does numb the pain, at least thats what I've seen. good luck to you and your wife

13. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I am sorry to hear this. Will keep you in prayers and hope that you & your family will be comforted

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Hoping for strength for you and your wife, and y'all will persevere.

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'm sorry to see this brother. Keep in mind that right now your emotions are very high. Take your time and don't rush into decisions. The Only other thing I can do is tell you our story and what we did.

My wife was having trouble getting pregnant and had stage IV endometriosis. We had the fibroids cleaned out, and the doctor (who is considered one of the best not only in the entire North Texas Area, but in Texas) told us we might as well go ahead and just plan for using In Vitro because the chances of her getting pregnant were extremely small due to the endometriosis, our ages (late 30's at the time) and my wife having an inverted uterus. She kept urging us to just begin In Vitro. We took our time, talked it over, prayed about it and decided that for the time being, we were not going to rush into in vitro, but give it time and keep trying naturally (and pray a lot). Just a couple of months later, my wife was pregnant. a few weeks later she had a miscarriage. We didn't lose faith, but kept trying as soon as we could. In about 6 months, she was pregnant again with our first daughter, and had our second one about 18 months later.
    I think the key, at least with us, was slowing down and thinking, discussing, and praying about the decisions we made. Again, you are emotional right now..try not to think about the future of this issue until your wife is back home, healed from the DNC, and at least a few weeks down the road from this. You'll have a fresh perspective and possibly a renewed interest in having another child. and if you decide not to have another one, you could always adopt.

Stay strong my friend!

16. egr281

egr281 Member

Thanks for the love and support guys it means alot, she just got out of surgery she did good. Right now im a little numb its still hard to believe its over we had everything planned we had a name picked everything was good and now all that is gone. Life is crazy thats all i can say