1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need OOTP Managers

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

At one time, we had around 20 or so people in the OOTP sim league. Now we have 13 and that is counting Castor (who just said that he may be gone for awhile), Nomar, and Smallz with the last 2 having not post a lineup for some time.

I got to thinking about posters who used to be in the sim and I am doing this thread to see if some of them might come back, as well as extending the invitation to those who have never been in the sim. At one time, we were getting new people all the time and most of them have turned out to be very good OOTP Managers like IVFL, Chuck, and now Buck88. Considering that there are many people on this site that like fantasy baseball/football, there could be some interested in the sim.

Okay, here is a list of former OOTP Managers with their whereabouts (to the best of my knowledge):

1)Band Geek Mobster - one of the best managers, he rarely posts here anymore. I think he explained one day that he was going away but I can't remember.
    2)Sam Cassell - one of the original simmers. Sammy went about a year without posting on the BBS, but has posted again. He had said that he was too busy with stuff to stay in the league, but if he is posting on the BBS again, I wonder if he has time for the league again. He has been sorely missed.
    3)SteveFrancis3 aka SF3 - very active member who has just disappeared off the face of the earth. We need him to come back.
    4)DrewP - sometimes very active, other times not, he told us a couple of months ago that he was too busy for the sim. Have no idea if he has time now or not.
    5)kbm - banned from the BBS, he was active for a time but hasn't been around in chat for quite some time.
    6)NYKRule - when he is serious about the sim and has time, he is one of the best managers albeit somewhat obnoxious at times:p . I haven't seen a post from him on the BBS in over 2 months.
    7)fatman510 - was in the sim for one season and then dropped out. I think he didn't have time.
    8)IVFL - one of the more successful managers in the 2nd sim, IV has also disappeared from the face of the earth.
    9)devestata - another banned member from the BBS, will probably never be let back into the sim because of his incredible incompetence and annoyance.
    10)Anticope - he was very active in the original sim, but sorta faded away once the second sim started. Have no idea what is going on with him.
    11)HayesStreet - was in the original sim but dropped out when we started the 2nd sim.
    12)leebigez - was in the 2nd sim running the Jays and seemed to enjoy it, but dropped out after a couple of seasons. I think he just got busy with other things.
    13)Raven Lunatic aka Runnin' Raven - one of the best managers in the sim, he dropped out near the end of the 2nd sim because he didn't have time (think it was because of his new job). He has been in chat somewhat on a routine basis, maybe he will have time for the sim again.
    14)haven - probably unrealistic to expect haven back since he is in law school, but maybe he will grace us with his presence again some day.
    15)Truth - everybody's favorite whipping boy with his bear hands:D, he quit but has been showing up in chat. Said that he hasn't had time.
    16)Htownhero - was in the sim for a little while but dropped out because of his work schedule.

I am probably leaving some other people out, but as you can see if you add those folks with the ones we have now, we would almost have every team run by a human. I have always wondered what the league would be like if every team had a human manager, but it will never happen as finding 30 people who really enjoy this sim is damn near impossible.

So, what is the point of this thread, other than to tire my fingers and your eyes for reading it? It is to appeal to the ones listed as well as any new people to join the sim.

Right now, these teams are taken (to the best of my knowledge):
    Oakland - Castor27
    Texas - DiehardRocket
    Cleveland - TheCat
    Yankees - Puedlfor
    San Francisco - DVauthrin
    San Diego - Manny Ramirez
    Los Angeles - DEANBCURTIS
    Cincinnati - ChuckG
    Houston - Buck88
    Florida - Heath
    Montreal - Zac D
    Mets - boville

Also, Arizona was supposed to be run by Nomar and Philadelphia by Smallz but neither has posted a lineup (it has been a long standing OOTP rule that to claim a team that all you have to do is post a lineup in the lineup thread).

So, if you are interested at all in joining, let Chuck, me, or anyone else currently in the league know. The more human managers we can get, the better the league becomes.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

2. Heath

Heath Member

Hey, I'm not me, but me. See what I mean. I will not take another team, but I can take a first one. I will beat Heath and the rest to smithereens.

Comprende?

I'll take Atlanta.

Ok?

Can I use this account when posting?

3. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

*GASP* Daupnar posted.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

and whoever joins, someone please take an AL team, as Pued and I are the only AL managers left...

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What about me Manny?

Well **** you, I am officially the new Manager of the Minnesota Twins.

6. Manny Ramirez

Moe,

My post was long enough so I couldn't fit in the category of "OOTP Managers Who Really Don't Like Baseball" which were you, mduke, and SonicsGM aka Flyer Fanatic.

But that is great moe that you want to run the Twins! They need someone to run them.

7. Heath

Heath Member

I'm fyrsten

and I will take Seattle to new hights. Forget about my previous Atlanta post - I will rebuild that team and take it to greatness already next season.

From worst to first in 2 seasons baby!

8. Manny Ramirez

How many times have we told you...

DO NOT POST ON THE BBS WITHOUT THE TRANSLATOR!!!

:D ;)

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Here's the deal Manny. I would love to manage a OOTP team but I have two problems. 1) Time- I can check every couple of days, sometimes more, is that enough to be a competitive player? 2) I have no clue how to play the game. Maybe if there was a players guide or a FAQ.

10. Manny Ramirez

You could pick an AL team and tell Chuck to place you on "auto". There is no FAQ or players guide but I'll see if I can come up with something to send you if I have an email address to send.

11. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Cool, give me the Twinkies and I'll give it a go.

12. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

HTown -

You'll catch on real quick...it's really very easy.

Time wise may be a problem. With Chuck as commish things run pretty fast. I suggest you just put your depth charts and line-ups on auto (it would also be wise untill you get accustomed to the league) and you should be fine. Make it a point to check the page once a day to make sure you don't miss out on any computer trade offers. You'll be fine. It took me about a week worth of simms to get it down.

Another bit of advice - pass along any trades to a senior member like Manny, Chuck, or Cat before you pull the trigger. That way at first you don't make a move you'll regret later. Castor helped me ALOT at first which made my transition easy and the game all the more fun!!

13. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Could someone tell me which website to go to?

14. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

15. Buck88

That's it H-Town

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

one problem, htown: moe claimed the Twins about an hour before you posted.

If you don't mind me making a suggestion, look at the White Sox... they have a lot of good young talent and would be attractive for any new GM.

17. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Cool, White Sox it is.

18. Buck88

Manny,

You shold also post this in the hangout.

19. Manny Ramirez

It will probably get moved to this forum, but I can go ahead and try it.

20. Buck88

It will get a few views before it's moved anyway. :)