1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need Information: Rockets Open Practice-2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ToyCen428, Aug 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

hi guys. I have a friend from Albuquerque who wants to plan a trip to come down. I know last year it was like 10/25 and the year before like 10/24, although I wouldn't bet my life on it, I forget things easily. Any clue as to around what date it'll fall on this year?

I think it's always been on a Thursday morning, correct me if I'm wrong.

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I remember getting pulled over two years ago on my way down to the open practice by a HPD cop. Stupid jerk gave me the only ticket still on my record.

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

The only ticket on your record. So obviously you know what date that was right?? :D

4. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

I don't remember the date but I thought it was on a Monday.....

5. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

All i know is I called in sick to work both times I went to it... kinda funny cause the hispanic broadcasting guys came around interviewing spanish speaking fans and the guy infront of me got interviewed. Would hate for my boss to see me on tv when Im suppose to be at home with my head in the toilet puking.

6. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Oh man.. so nice to finally be unbanned.

On to topic. I went last year and I think it was some kinda national holiday: Columbus Day? I remember parking on the parking meters right in front of the Toy Box and it was free because of the holiday. If it is on Columbus Day again, don't park at those parking lots.. they make you pay 10-15 bucks while the streets are free.

7. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I don't know where you get 10/25 from - it was actually the first week in October. It was like October 5th. I remember because Yao was still hurt with his toe and didn't even attend and most of the new players like Billy and Novak had a hard time in the scrimmage because they didn't know too many of the offensive sets.

8. iball

iball Contributing Member

It was on Monday, October 9th last year. I remember because it was the day before my birthday.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea it was on the 9th, 2 days after my niece was born, 2 years ago, it was on a Thursday? but it was towards the end of the preseason