1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

need help with something

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pharaoh King, Jun 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

Sugar cane juice!

Anyone know what that is? :grin:

If you do, do you know of any places in Houston that have it? Thanks!

PS: for those not familiar with it or if you have not tried it, it is the shiznit and probably the best summer drink you can ever have :grin:

2. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Been a while since I had that. If you are on the southwest side you can get it in china town off bellaire and wilcrest(it's like a grocery store, forgot the name) or you can get it in savoy restaurant on wilcrest and west bellfort.
    I must say, It was freaking expensive(Starbucks prices) just for some pressed sugar cane juice.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought it was call Syrup

Pure Cane Syrup

Rocket River

4. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

Thanh Noi sandwich shop on Bellaire has this stuff.

i've never had it, because i don't want to pay 3 dollars for a drink.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I know you can get the stuff in India from street vendors. It's just the result of crushing sugar cane for its "juice". Vendors usually just run the sugar cane stalks through a press or something... out of the back comes the crushed stalks that look dried and mashed while out of the spout of the machine comes the "juice". Not sure where you can get it in the US, but I'm sure your typical huge Asian or Hispanic market would have it.

6. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

Yeah that is the way they do it in Egypt as well, quite simple really and it is located at almost every street corner in town.

It is awesome! I am hoping I can find someone who makes it in the same manner (not syrup)

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've seen it on Hillcroft in the Little India area. Its usually in the small food shops.