1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help returning stuff

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeyyungrocks, Apr 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Ok this is a long story and you guys are going to think im stupid.

So my friend introduced me to quibids and after a week of it and 300 dollars spent on it I think it is a scam. They always let you win the first couple easy and then the rest is impossible.

For those who dont know what quibids is its like a penny auction site. Every bid you make makes the auction go up a penny and the timer go up 10 or 20 seconds. However the catcher is that each bid costs you .60.

So I tried to win these pair of Beats headphones and I spent 150 dollars worth of bids on it and I was done. So they have an option to buy it now and pay retail minus the money you spent on the bids. The shipping for it was 10 bucks so i paid 190 for the beats. I didnt really want to pay retail for them. So I want to return them.

My question is where is a good place to return them without a receipt. Id rather take a ten dollar loss on it. I tried to return them to walmart and they were all like "we don't take that item back without a receipt" but every other item.

TL;DR
    Quidbid some beats headphones, need to find a place to return them without receipt.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

These auction sites where you pay for bids and the timer goes up each bid are BS, how could you?!

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

ouch sorry man. Thats a lot of dough to spend on headphones. my suggestion is to sel it thru CL or something if you can't return it.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just sell them to some other <s>sucker</s> person on Ebay.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The business model for sites like those is genius. Wish I would have thought of it. So obvious, so easy.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sell them on EBAY.

I just sold a pair.

7. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I tried to win that hot chick in the commercials... but that auction never seems to end. I think it's a scam. I'll report back in a few weeks

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just to be clear, you are looking for some store to absorb your loss from your mistake?

9. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Not really they can sell the product back, it is unopened.

10. thabeet

thabeet Member

so can you...

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

You're not going to get cash back, unless you're a really good <s>liar</s> talker. But I'd think if you went to any store that carries them and tell them that you lost your receipt, you should be able to get the last sale price back in store credit.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, you made 250 or so bids on this item (based on your comment that each bid was .60 and it had cost you $150)?

Does that mean that if you bow out on a particular item (using this one for an example), you'd be out $150 and not have anything to show for it?

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think that's the deal, these sites are hilarious.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Problem with Beats by Dre headphones is they are some of the most counterfeited products on the market. Stores are so skeptical about returns that they put a special security tape on them along with keeping track of the serial number that's under the battery cover.

Good luck.

#14 REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I didn't need to experience the site to know it was a scam.

Anyway, nobody's going to knowingly give you a refund for a product they didn't sell you. Don't try to scam a store because you got scammed yourself. The more ethical thing to do is to just try to resell it and maybe take the bigger hit that comes along with it.

16. Nero

Nero Member

Welcome to the Darwin Awards.

1 person likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

paha, look what ad popped up at the top of this thread:

[​IMG]

18. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Beats for under $10!!! What a steal. When that ad pops up, I'm all over it

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sounds like you could have had better luck clicking in this thread: 100 cash to the 1268th poster of this thread

20. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Your right, I never really thought about it that way I just figured they would sell it.