1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Need Advice] Dog Issue

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigMaloe, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I don't think all pit bulls are bad. They just need the right owner, and from the sound of it you most certainly are not it. In fact I don't think you should own a dog period. Why the hell would you decide to get any dog if you're just going to keep him chained up outside all day. That's cruelty, especially with it being August in Houston. Seriously, give the dog to someone that is more responsible.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think 99.9% of pit bulls are bad IF they have a well educated owner that really understands dog body language, proper training techniques and will put in the time. The problem is that pit bulls are capable of tremendous damage in a split second and it isn't the right dog for most people.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Yea it's probably not the right breed for 99.9% of the people that own one .

470 deaths in the US and Canada for 2012 and 209 are attributed to pit bulls.

Of the 3521 attacks causing bodily harm 1985 are from pit bulls and 832 of those were on a child .

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Dog+attack+stats+with+breed+2012.pdf

4. Illegal Machine

I have Great Danes. Our girl is a complete sissy. Tail tucked when dogs of any size bark at her. Total sweetheart.

She LOVE little kids. He tail goes ballistic when kids around, and she's so gentile with them. She's 4 years old, and I STILL get nervous with her around kids.

I'm ALWAYS conscious of where she is and she's doing because of what a 120lb dog (although well mannered) can do to another animal. After seeing her chew on bones, or playing tug-of-war with her...and seeing what she did to some of our wooden kitchen chairs, I can only imagine the damage she could cause if for some reason she wen't off.

I was probably raised different from the OP, so I have a different view of animals, and I probably have a different living situation, so it's hard to compare our situations....but damn...

I feel bad for everyone involved.

5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

If they aren't calling the cops or animal control on you then you're not in trouble.

What is wrong with putting the dog inside of the house? Get a crate. :confused:

Keeping it chained up all day in the heat is not acceptable but then that's what I see in Houston on a daily basis.

Thank god, Bo, my boxer, has a charmed life. I couldn't imagine tying him up or even leave him outside in the backyard while I'm at work.

Just give your dog to someone who will give it attention, discipline and love.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I must have misread previous posts..i thought he already had the pit in the back (or side) yard, but he was in the front yard? That's crazy. As a 3 legged dog, he's probably grown to be defensive as hell. I can't imagine the paranoia he must feel watching people and other animals go by in front of him. OP is lucky it wasn't the neighbor's kid. Hurry up and get that fence.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

OP you already know this, but you handled this in the worst possible way, and I hope you learn from this.

Just curious as to how long you've lived in Magnolia. I grew up there.

1 person likes this.
  8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Boxers are the best dogs to spoil rotten, so good for you :)

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Leaving a dog outside on a runner in 100+ degree Texas weather is pretty cruel in its own right.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good grief, do you serve him chocolate covered truffles too?

[​IMG]

11. Lady_Di

Best breed ever! Love their smushed up faces. :grin:

12. Lady_Di

Nah, raw meat. Much better than chocolate covered truffles. ;)

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not that pit bulls aren't a dangerous breed - they are - but that report shoudl be taken with a big grain of salt. You can google the guy's name to see some of the fallacies in his "reporting/research"

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

any dog that looks like a pitbull is label as a pitbull since it has that stigma of a baby killer. They are a dangerous breed but they do get blamed for a lot of accidents when it wasn't even a pit bull breed. I occasionally get people asking if my dog is a pit bull puppy lol.

[​IMG]