1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need a little Fantasy B-Ball Trade Advice.....

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by NickC19, Oct 30, 2004.

1. NickC19

NickC19 Member

This might be kinda long. Anyways, I'm in a 10 team league, 5 starters per week, and 5 categories (pts, assists, rebs, steals, blocks).

I drafted Peja in the 2nd round (didnt want to, but couldnt pass up on him), but I dont think he's going to be that good in our league at all; because other than scoring, he's a horrible rebounder as far as forwards go, and doesnt bring much to the table as far as assists and blocks go. My other forwards are Dirk, Odom, and Gooden. I'm pretty confident that Odom will make a good enough starter (18 points, 10+ boards, 4-5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block), and Gooden has looked great this pre-season and should be a solid back-up. Also, my center is not a good rebounder (Curry), so I really need to play fowards who will give me boards.

So I'm thinking about trying to get a good guard for Peja. My guards right now are Baron, Kidd, Eddie Jones, and Mike James. As it is right now, I'll have to start Eddie Jones until Kidd gets back healthy, and even then, theres no guarantees Kidd is going to put up great numbers this year coming off an injury and with the Nets not being the same team as they've been.

I'm thinking about offering a trade to this one guy who loves the Kings so theres a good chance he'll want Peja, and he has 2 good guards to trade for. His team is:

G - Lebron
    G - Marbury
    G - Nash
    G - Sprewell
    F - Webber
    F - Donyell Marshall
    F - Harpring
    F - Tayshaun Prince
    C - Brad Miller
    C - Brian Grant

Not sure if I should go after Lebron or Steph, and not sure if I should offer a package deal (ie. Peja and Eddie Jones for Lebron/Marbury and one of his forwards), or just Peja for Lebron/Marbury. He took Lebron as his first pick, so it's less likely that he'd trade him away for Peja now.

Any advice on what the best offer to make in this situation would be, or if you think I'd be better keeping what I have...

-Nick-