1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NECA Ninja Turtles Figurines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by clutch citizen, Dec 12, 2009.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Does anyone know where I can find a box set of all 4 ninja turtles made by Neca in Houston? They are the comic book style turtles. They look pretty cool. My cousin is looking all over for this, and I thought I could try and get it as a Christmas present. Thanks

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Just did a google search and they're like $100 each? why?

3. clutch citizen

Those are re-seller prices. I've come to the conclusion that these are sold out everywhere and are collector's item status. I think retail is $45 for the box set. I prefer to pay close to that. $100 per turtle is one of the more ridiculous prices I've seen on the internet. These do look pretty sweet though

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Maybe call Bedrock City? I take it that these are usually about $45 retail and are hard to find?

Are they normally sold in Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, etc?

5. clutch citizen

I went to Toys 'R Us and saw some other NECA figures. No ninja turtles though. So I assume they were at Toys R Us at one point. But Target and Wal-Mart did not have any ninja turtle brand toys

Bedrock City is a good idea. I'll try Nan's and Third Planet as well. I completely forgot the comic book stores!

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Through a little internet research, it appears the boxed set may be a convention exclusive and that the individual ones may be hobby/retail. I found a few on Ebay. It appears they may actually be worth more in the individual packages, or at least selling for more.

They had one boxed set for $150 Buy It Now on Ebay, and a couple that were up to around $80 or so in bidding so far. The individuals appear to be selling for $50 to $100 each.

EDIT: It appears that there is a NY Comic Con exclusive as well as a retail boxed set. Good luck in finding one!

7. clutch citizen

You are correct. There is a regular edition and NY Comic Con edition. It looks like the only difference is the extra cardboard saying it's a comic con exclusive. thanks for the help. Much appreciated