1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like Murray but 4th? Kings gonna King I guess.

Bo6 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Why not Murray. Yes his upside might be lower, but Keegan is more win now and at least by archetype fits next to Sabonis.

Also doesn't help that Ivey's camp was telling SI or ESPN (forgot which), that he doesn't prefer Sacramento as a destination. Mentioned his mom's Detroit connection, was in a way lobbying to go play with Cade.

If I was McNair and if I really wanted Ivey, I'd take him regardless. Still, Ivey's camp was sending out vibes. Kings fan base is divided 50/50 on those two, but after recent news, more came over to Keegan's side.

p.s. It's actually a bit ironic since both Bagley and Haliburton was on record saying they loved playing for the kings, but both end up getting traded. Business is business.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Draft rumor, don't know how reliable. Guess they don't want another ball dominant handler with Fox and Mitchell already.

steddinotayto likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Just feels like the Kings could trade down to get Murray while picking up another asset but I guess there's no room to do that considering Murray wouldn't slip past Indiana at 6?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

Everyone's board looks a little different. From my lurking on the Kings fan base, Ivey and Keegan seems to be their consensus two.

Their Ivey camp dub him and Fox as possible 'slash bros'. For Keegan, I stated the reasons above: fit and win-now. For better or worse, depending on your view, Divac also recently leaked he prefers Murray. Honestly not sure how this helps McNair's negotiation.

But on your original question, if Keegan falls, McNair, (like all GMs) likely have prior conversation about the trade down possibility. If the trade-down is with Pacers (6th). There's no guarantee that Troy Weaver will play nice.

Hypothetical:
    Kings trade 4th down to Pacers (6th) + goodies. Pacers gets Ivey at 4th. Kings hoping they can still get Keegan at 6th. Pistons, who had an eye on Ivey, see Ivey is off the board, then out of positional need and a bit of spite, takes Keegan at 5th.

This scenario was a literal scenario of the Pistons media played out, if Kings traded down. It's a gamble to trade down for sure, have to be able to predict what other GMs will do.

2021-2022
    Murray TS% = 64.6%
    Ivey TS% = 58.4%
    Bancerho TS% = 55.7%

* All with near 30% usage rate.
    * Argument is Ivey and Paolo are younger so they'll improve. True, but Keegan is possibly a better player at least right now, and thus could help the Kings more.
    * Jabari might be off the table, but some of the guys after Paolo are better shooters. Depends on what the GM value as far as strengths.

Keegan fits both teams nicely. Both kings/pistons need good shooting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4785 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    D-rock and Reeko like this.
  6. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Not sure where M. Williams will be selected but there has been a time or two this past season when he was "schemed" off the court at Duke ala Rudy Gobert.
    With the increased spacing, driving and shooting in the pro circuit this is at least a possibility after he gets in the league.
    Main thing will be if he can be enough of an offensive threat to offset any scheme deficiencies against a team like say the warriors.
    Hopefully by the time we're ready to contend (2-3 years) they'll be "past history"!

D-rock likes this.
  7. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I know.
    I REALLY want to get him at #26.
    He's almost as athletic as Jaden Ivy and 1 year younger.
    They know each other and used to practice/play pickup against each other a lot.
    In an interview Wesley said it was always competitive even though he's a year younger.

He didn't have very good shooting splits this past year but he's not afraid of the moment and by the end of the year he was the "go to" guy on his team as a freshmen and was looked to make the play when the game was on the line.
    6'5'' with long arms and very good athleticism (tick under Ivy) but not afraid to take over and make a play already.
    That's the kind of bet I like to make with a late 1st.

But with him being one of the 22 green room invitees I wonder if he might be gone now before 26.

Shark44 likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You made me go spy at the opps forum. Okc wants Chet and now they stressing cause he was wearing magic shorts. Then you have Poku fans getting **** on.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

I know you're not a big Chet guy, and that's fine. Everybody are entitled to their opinion.

With Presti marching to his own drum. Lot of trade-up scenarios, gives glimpse of hope of getting Chet. Assuming Presti goes Ivey which is still possible.

On a serious note though, for all the trade up scenarios I see other teams talk about. Rarely do I if ever see a team asking the Rockets (for the 3rd pick for Paolo). Most either go to OKC, because they think Presti might not go consensus. Or the Kings 4th because of the win-now thing.

And I know you're joking on Poku. My impression is that most sane OKC fans acknowledges he's a near bust.

D-rock and cheke64 like this.
  10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Murray is 3rd on my big board. Don't sleep on him. :eek:

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Guys worth moving up from #17 for:

Sochan (versatile, long defender with untapped upside)
    Daniels (versatile player who can play 3 positions including PG; excellent defender)
    Griffen (second best shooter in the draft, can play without the ball; one of the youngest prospects in the draft)
    Duren (youngest player in the draft, excellent defender & rebounder; huge upside -Uber athletic)

One of these guys will fall into the late lotto.

joshuaao, Fullcourt, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

PWR, Spooner, subtomic and 3 others like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Good stuff!

Matches eye test and other counting stats.

Keegan is extremely underrated simply due to age.

Eason is still my favorite but realize his chaos defense is not just better match for Chet than Paolo, but the perfect match for disciplined defender and a rim eraser like Chet.

Bo6 and PWR like this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yea horriby done board.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Honestly not sure who I would want out of those guys, all would be exciting. If AJ Griffin really can come back from his series of injuries and get his burst and lateral movement back, he would be the perfect 3 for this team. He is a super spacer.

Aruba77 likes this.
  16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think Ivey absolutely needs to go 4th. You have to at least extract something from Detroit if anything. Sacramento picked Mitchell and traded Halliburton later on, they won’t abandon their BPA logic now. I expect a trade.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Wth happened to the latest nbadraft.net mock update? We take Keegan at 3 and Chet falls to 6?

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So odd!!

I'd say it is Buckley's chance of representing what really happens!!

Marhurin at 5 and Blake Wesley at 12??

Caesar likes this.
  19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Some mock drafts got updated with the rumor with Murray going to Sacramento now.

20. PWR

PWR Member

Very good article. Thanks for posting it.

D-rock likes this.